Anyone using the Kessil 35 degree reflector? If so, post some pics.

WhiskyTango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 13 years in the hobby, a Kessil A360x with a 35 degree reflector is my all time favorite lighting option. The shading creates dramatic contrast and provides great spots for low light demanding coral like cyphastrea and cynarina. On this WT 25 peninsula, the light is about 16 inches above the surface.

IMG_1095.jpeg IMG_1096.jpeg IMG_1097.jpeg IMG_1098.jpeg

Last edited:

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the 55 degree reflectors for the sole purpose of mounting them farther away from the water and reducing the intensity level needed to get in a comfortable par range. Not the situation you asked for, but just wanted to share. Nice looking pictures. I really prefer the lights to be way above the tank like that. The reflectors help reduce the blinding room filling glare too.

OP
OP
WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the 55 degree reflectors for the sole purpose of mounting them farther away from the water and reducing the intensity level needed to get in a comfortable par range. Not the situation you asked for, but just wanted to share. Nice looking pictures. I really prefer the lights to be way above the tank like that. The reflectors help reduce the blinding room filling glare too.
Thank you. I can't stand a direct line of sight to blue LEDs. Compared to previous lighting options, I can now sit on my couch without needing a welding helmet.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crackin' thread
Hey i have the same tank and lighting set up as you but im using the 55 degree reflector at about 12.5” off the water. Im wondering if i should try the 35 degree and see what type of par im getting. Did you ever check par?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back