ANYONE WANT SOME FREE CORAL, PICKUP IN SYLVA, NC ONLY

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't care for these corals anymore, and they are just going to die. My light went out and while I wait on a replacement the coral will be dead. They are saying it will be a month or longer before I get a replacement. I have 2 types of tree coral, GSP, some zoas, Liptastria, and Cyphastria. The zoas and lipt and Cyph have been doing badly since I added them. So those prob won't make it in any tank. I also have some fish, a 40g breeder tank, a stand, live rock, a Fiji cube AIO drop-in, a heater, 2 power heads, and assorted other equipment.

I am giving all this away for free.

shady-vector

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree, unfortunately I'm 2.5 hours away and sitting at work right now. If you could come an hour towards charlotte tomorrow morning I could meet you, but I hope that someone else closer can help you out.

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree, unfortunately I'm 2.5 hours away and sitting at work right now. If you could come an hour towards charlotte tomorrow morning I could meet you, but I hope that someone else closer can help you out.
I have come up with a plan. I'm moving all my corals, which are still young and small enough to move easily. I'm moving them to my 10g empty tank. I will add some live rock I have. For the main tank, I will use the lack of a 2nd light to my advantage. I will use the 1 working light to keep the coral alive in the 10g tank, while I deprive the 40g tank of light altogether. That should kill all algae in the 40g, and keep the coral alive in the 10g tank. Then when I get the 2nd light back I can transfer the coral back to the main 40g tank.

So, I will not be giving the coral away or my equipment. I hope this will work so I can save these little guys.

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have come up with a plan. I'm moving all my corals, which are still young and small enough to move easily. I'm moving them to my 10g empty tank. I will add some live rock I have. For the main tank, I will use the lack of a 2nd light to my advantage. I will use the 1 working light to keep the coral alive in the 10g tank, while I deprive the 40g tank of light altogether. That should kill all algae in the 40g, and keep the coral alive in the 10g tank. Then when I get the 2nd light back I can transfer the coral back to the main 40g tank.

So, I will not be giving the coral away or my equipment. I hope this will work so I can save these little guys.
I’m in Anderson SC but my family trip this weekend is to North Carolina to hit some reef shops. I would love to swing by if we get close to you.

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Anderson SC but my family trip this weekend is to North Carolina to hit some reef shops. I would love to swing by if we get close to you.
please read my last post. I worked it out and decided to keep them

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't care for these corals anymore, and they are just going to die. My light went out and while I wait on a replacement the coral will be dead. They are saying it will be a month or longer before I get a replacement. I have 2 types of tree coral, GSP, some zoas, Liptastria, and Cyphastria. The zoas and lipt and Cyph have been doing badly since I added them. So those prob won't make it in any tank. I also have some fish, a 40g breeder tank, a stand, live rock, a Fiji cube AIO drop-in, a heater, 2 power heads, and assorted other equipment.

Did someone ever come help you with this or did you get rid of it?

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did someone ever come help you with this or did you get rid of it im local in Asheville would be happy to come get it tomorrow or this weekend

Back