Anyone watch their fish for a long time anymore?

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are most people too busy to sit and watch their fish? I feel as thought the whole point of having them is to watch them in both my freshwater and saltwater tank. But I feel as though many simply work on their tanks but don't spend time simply watching them.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are most people too busy to sit and watch their fish? I feel as thought the whole point of having them is to watch them in both my freshwater and saltwater tank. But I feel as though many simply work on their tanks but don't spend time simply watching them.

Well, I have not owned a TV for over 20 years. People think that's crazy... I just tell them I watch fish. The fish never report bad news, bad weather or tell bad jokes. There is a lot of ****** though... just can't get those fish to wear pants like they do on Sponge Bob.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my stand to allow me to do school work and have my tank right next to me. Not a good idea! Something that would take me 15 min takes me an hr cuz I’m constantly watching my tank. Then I think of something I could fix and start looking on R2R on what I can do :p

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear all of this. I spend at least 30 minutes closer to an hour simply watching. I feel as though that is the only way to know if fish and inverts are healthy. I know of some people who feed and forget so to speak because they keep a small tank in a corner of the house.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have a ''day off'' (which is me having to deal with my million thoughts and ideas), I barely notice my tank. If I have to do school stuff, I probably look at my tank more than my screen :p

Although nowadays I do take a moment to check on every fish during every feeding moment (which is 4 times a day). I never realized how much more fun it is to watch saltwater fish eat compared to freshwater fish. I love watching my wrasses slam pieces of clam on the rocks to break them apart.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank sits next to my desk in my home office so it gets a lot of attention during my workday.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is my view from my couch. I stare at my clowns all day while they continually don't host my nems

Attachments

• 16141988792012446694667420628163.jpg
    16141988792012446694667420628163.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 9

Landers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my stand to allow me to do school work and have my tank right next to me. Not a good idea! Something that would take me 15 min takes me an hr cuz I’m constantly watching my tank. Then I think of something I could fix and start looking on R2R on what I can do :p
This is exactly what I do! I’ll be in my room working on school work for two seconds and then I’ll wonder if my yellow rose goby is out. If he is, no work is done for a long while cause I’ll just sit and watch him and hope my pistol shrimp also comes out. If he’s not out, I’ll look about every minute to check until he does. Then I’ll eventually starting thinking about the next fish or coral I should get, or how to solve my tanks algae issues until I make a search about it on R2R and the rest is history...

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cold weather months after dinner till lights out (12:30am) watching the tank, tv, and playing on line or gaming.

summer months same as above but after cocktails on the deck in the evening and when the bats come out and scare the mrs inside (they're going to get in my hair! :rolleyes: :p) till lights out.

go down for a look through out the day because work sent an email telling us to get up and stretch every hour through out the work day. wasn't that nice of them.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My computer is opposite my tank so my fish watch me. :rolleyes:

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 30g is next to my bed always watching the tank before I go to sleep it’s relaxing

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back