OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week of getting the run around with customer service they supposedly have my order being changed over to a frag 55.2 sometime today and I was told it would ship immediately. Its about the same volume as the marine x 60.2 just slightly shallower with a wider and deeper display. Im out an extra 180$ for the upgraded uv resistant stand. They still wouldn't say when the marine x would ship out if I stuck with it. If the aquarium isint shipped by end of buisness hrs Wednesday im asking for a full refund and will take my buisness elsewhere.

The lack of transparency from this company sucks. They should at least be sending out apologies with updates shipping times to customers. Apparently their customer service is also backed up probably due to their horrible communication and backlog of orders. I was lucky to be able to get 1 or 2 emails back and forth before the offices closed each day for the last week. This is beyond frustrating.

ajnies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week of getting the run around with customer service they supposedly have my order being changed over to a frag 55.2 sometime today and I was told it would ship immediately. Its about the same volume as the marine x 60.2 just slightly shallower with a wider and deeper display. Im out an extra 180$ for the upgraded uv resistant stand. They still wouldn't say when the marine x would ship out if I stuck with it. If the aquarium isint shipped by end of buisness hrs Wednesday im asking for a full refund and will take my buisness elsewhere.

The lack of transparency from this company sucks. They should at least be sending out apologies with updates shipping times to customers. Apparently their customer service is also backed up probably due to their horrible communication and backlog of orders. I was lucky to be able to get 1 or 2 emails back and forth before the offices closed each day for the last week. This is beyond frustrating.
I think this was my biggest gripe during the time I had to wait. I get that tanks everywhere are in really high demand right now, but honestly, how hard could it be to send a computer generated email simply stating that your order has been delayed and to reach out to customer service for additional details. I got nothing from them until the day it shipped... 10 weeks after I ordered it. Also charging my credit card for the full amount day 1 and not shipping for several months seems somewhat questionable.

I found Chris in customer service to be honest and helpful, but the lack of communication throughout the process was really frustrating.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the same tank on black friday and have not received mine either.

I will say that my experience with customer service has been excellent. Any e-mail I have sent has been responded to within the day. Whenever I called I have gotten right thru.

I think there is just a supply problem right now and they are shipping or as fast as they can. I am sure the wait will be worth it.

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the same tank on black friday and have not received mine either.

I will say that my experience with customer service has been excellent. Any e-mail I have sent has been responded to within the day. Whenever I called I have gotten right thru.

I think there is just a supply problem right now and they are shipping or as fast as they can. I am sure the wait will be worth it.
Agree completely. Chris and others at @Waterbox Aquariums have responded quickly to calls and emails. Demand is stronger than supply and their recent price increases reflect that situation. I’m just too impatient, I want my tank ASAP.

Shawlyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my 110.4 about 2 weeks ago. Just today I got it all set up hopefully I'll get the sand and rock this week.
It was about a 5 week wait for me
It is pretty nice ! Been messing with the gurgle noise all day from the overflow so annoying lol
Finished filling it today.
In the sump center chamber i put some baffals in for a fuge.
REEF Breeders photon lights
Reef Octopus 150int skimmer
CurrentUsa return pump.
No wave makers yet
Hydros controller 2
Once I stop the gurgle it will be perfect !
Show us some pics the rest of you
Where did you get the baffles for a refugium? The 1 and only dislike about the 110.4 is no refugium in the sump. I can't seem to find anything online. Was debating on getting the Large CITR3 Pro In-Tank Refugium. Thoughts?

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally ordered the AIO 35.2 about 2 weeks ago but when I realized the depth dimensions they have for that tank is not actually display area but includes the 4.7” of filter chamber I decided to see if I could change my order to the Marine X 60.2 as I wanted a tank with some depth. I sent an email with my request and I had a reply back by next morning with confirmation and the difference I had to pay, so far the experience has been good for me but we will see how long it takes to get the tank, the website says 6 weeks but from what I’ve been hearing on this thread and the fact that I am in Canada I’m sure it will take longer, just hope it’s not to long.

on another note seeing as how I originally ordered the AIO 35.2, I ordered the mighty jet 326gph To fit in the rear chamber but now that I’ve changed to the 60.2 I am wondering if anyone thinks this return pump will still work it’s really small but packs a punch I hear lol.
the 35.2 is estimated at 33g and the 60.2 is estimated at 36g I’ve read that a return pumps gph should be 3-5x your tank Volume.
this will be the first time I have run a sump as well so with the lack of experience is why I am asking.

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally ordered the AIO 35.2 about 2 weeks ago but when I realized the depth dimensions they have for that tank is not actually display area but includes the 4.7” of filter chamber I decided to see if I could change my order to the Marine X 60.2 as I wanted a tank with some depth. I sent an email with my request and I had a reply back by next morning with confirmation and the difference I had to pay, so far the experience has been good for me but we will see how long it takes to get the tank, the website says 6 weeks but from what I’ve been hearing on this thread and the fact that I am in Canada I’m sure it will take longer, just hope it’s not to long.

on another note seeing as how I originally ordered the AIO 35.2, I ordered the mighty jet 326gph To fit in the rear chamber but now that I’ve changed to the 60.2 I am wondering if anyone thinks this return pump will still work it’s really small but packs a punch I hear lol.
the 35.2 is estimated at 33g and the 60.2 is estimated at 36g I’ve read that a return pumps gph should be 3-5x your tank Volume.
this will be the first time I have run a sump as well so with the lack of experience is why I am asking.
I don’t think that’s going to have enough head pressure to pump water from the sump all the way into the tank since they were designed to go into innovative marines AIO’s that don’t have to pump water that high. I’d be worried about head loss.

FrontRangeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just a heads up - I am in the US and am still waiting on my Marine X 60.2 ordered on 17-Nov and know of several others that ordered before me that are still waiting. 11 weeks waiting as of today and still no concrete date for shipping from WB. You’re likely going to be waiting for a while especially being in Canada.

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that’s going to have enough head pressure to pump water from the sump all the way into the tank since they were designed to go into innovative marines AIO’s that don’t have to pump water that high. I’d be worried about head loss.
I figured as much, I guess Ill eventually use it for something Just received it today lol.

biocube40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm curious. I pulled the trigger last weekend and purchased a waterbox marine x 60.2. Since its up to 4 weeks until I see this tank I've been searching around for some inspiration and realized how few builds are going on with this specific tank. Any other 60.2 owners out there?
Yes, I will be getting one soon... I'll probably start a build thread and am already asking questions on a couple other build threads. I agree, the build threads are a little thin, probably because it's a relatively new tank series.

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called waterbox to buy the marine x 60.2 but when they told me there would be a 6-week wait I decided to go with the frag 55.2 as they had some in stock. I ordered it on the 15th and it is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Pretty excited.
I have been looking into a trigger systems platinum 20C sump for it but have to see if it will fit first.
Stock sump is 21"x18"x15"
Trigger is 20"x20"x15"
Not sure if the cabinet has the extra 2" in width.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called waterbox to buy the marine x 60.2 but when they told me there would be a 6-week wait I decided to go with the frag 55.2 as they had some in stock. I ordered it on the 15th and it is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Pretty excited.
I have been looking into a trigger systems platinum 20C sump for it but have to see if it will fit first.
Stock sump is 21"x18"x15"
Trigger is 20"x20"x15"
Not sure if the cabinet has the extra 2" in width.
Afterswapping my order to the frag shipping came through the next day. I have delivery set up for tomorrow morning. Im curious to the Canadian orders if they will arrive before they over due ones stateside since they just opened up a warehouse in Canada for distribution.

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afterswapping my order to the frag shipping came through the next day. I have delivery set up for tomorrow morning. Im curious to the Canadian orders if they will arrive before they over due ones stateside since they just opened up a warehouse in Canada for distribution.
Sweet! I bet youre excited to get it tomorrow. I took Friday off work to set mine up lol.
What are your plans for equipment?

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I bet youre excited to get it tomorrow. I took Friday off work to set mine up lol.
What are your plans for equipment?
Taking it slow with this so I'm still figuring out exactly what equipment I'll be going with.

Gonna stick with the same return pump I was going to use on the 60.2 a nyos viper 3.0

My aim is mostly sps and with the shallower tank depth I think I'm going to go with a radion xr15 g5 pro.

Still undecided on a skimmer

I'll get a build thread up and post it here once I do. Already tiled up the side of a rm in our basement to prepare for the tank!

Attachments

• 20210118_194357.jpg
    20210118_194357.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 45

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking it slow with this so I'm still figuring out exactly what equipment I'll be going with.

Gonna stick with the same return pump I was going to use on the 60.2 a nyos viper 3.0

My aim is mostly sps and with the shallower tank depth I think I'm going to go with a radion xr15 g5 pro.

Still undecided on a skimmer

I'll get a build thread up and post it here once I do. Already tiled up the side of a rm in our basement to prepare for the tank!
A build thread would be great they are definitely lacking as mentioned a few times already, I know...I’ve searched almost every day since I ordered mine.
Does anyone have an idea on equipment they are thinking of for there 60.2?
So far I have ordered an MP10, I got the HD so I will be going with the AI prime and tunze for ATO, I’m undecided on a skimmer, return pump (I want to go DC) and possible dosing pump (I’ve never used a dosing system let alone a sump, I’m still a newb in that department)
Id like to here everyone’s ideas

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my frag 55.2 I have the varios-2 on its way. Skimmer I was thinking nyos 120 or going all out with a bubble king mini 160 but that might be overkill. Lighting i was going to use my xr15g4 but this will be sps dominate tank, I may step it up to a xr30g5 pro. I have a couple x1's for dosing. I will have the apex and trident on it also. For flow im going to use my mp10 and if its not enough switch it to my mp40.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing a build thread soon but I also got the frag 55.2. my equipment list is.

Vectra s2 return pump
MP 40 Powerhead
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
Avast Ato controller
Solonoid from Autotopoff.com (for Gravity ato)
Hydra 32 light
Klir Felt Roller
Custom Inkbird Temperature Controller
200W Neotherm Heater........I think that's it, you will have to check out my build thread when I start it in the next few weeks.

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing a build thread soon but I also got the frag 55.2. my equipment list is.

Vectra s2 return pump
MP 40 Powerhead
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
Avast Ato controller
Solonoid from Autotopoff.com (for Gravity ato)
Hydra 32 light
Klir Felt Roller
Custom Inkbird Temperature Controller
200W Neotherm Heater........I think that's it, you will have to check out my build thread when I start it in the next few weeks.
What’s the display gallons on that model
For my frag 55.2 I have the varios-2 on its way. Skimmer I was thinking nyos 120 or going all out with a bubble king mini 160 but that might be overkill. Lighting i was going to use my xr15g4 but this will be sps dominate tank, I may step it up to a xr30g5 pro. I have a couple x1's for dosing. I will have the apex and trident on it also. For flow im going to use my mp10 and if its not enough switch it to my mp40.
I don’t even see an option for that model on the website I know being from Canada they provide limited options

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the display gallons on that model

I don’t even see an option for that model on the website I know being from Canada they provide limited options
The volume is pretty much identical. The frag 55.2 tank 24 x 24 x 16 vs. 24 x 20 x 20 for the 60.2.

The frag 55.2 was discontinued this year. I originally ordered a Marine X 60.2 on black friday, but that are having supply issues and the wait time is extremely long. So on this thread actually someone else mentioned the 55.2 as an option, so I called Waterbox and made the switch. It is a little more expensive, even on clearance, but personally I like the dimensions better. I like the shorter tank with a larger footprint, but when I bought the 60.2 I thought the smallest Frag series tank was the 85.2.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back