Anyones house is like this i wanna see pics

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day when I first set up a tank I lived in a rather rough part of town but worked nearby so all was good. There was always police cars and foot patrols in the area so I didn't give it much thought until one day a couple nice officers walked by and commented about the bright lights in the living room that were visible even through blackout curtains. I invited them in and showed them the ~400g worth of tanks. I never got questioned again about them.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had someone walking by my house call the cops because I was growing weed. My house is on a main road which sits down off the road and you can see my tank when you walk by the house. So I have no idea why they thought I was growing weed.

Lol cops showed up, I invited them in to try and smoke anything in the tank. They got a good laugh and I have never been bothered again. I live in a small town and now know all the local police by name. They often tell me they still get calls for me growing weed. I believe I'm the only reefer in my small town, as no one else has had the local fuzz get called on them for growing weed.

Anyone in the "know" knows that grow lights are red, and reef tank lights are blue.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumbest cops ever. Blue light, lol. Grow rooms are orange/yellow.
I actually had someone walking by my house call the cops because I was growing weed. My house is on a main road which sits down off the road and you can see my tank when you walk by the house. So I have no idea why they thought I was growing weed.

Lol cops showed up, I invited them in to try and smoke anything in the tank. They got a good laugh and I have never been bothered again. I live in a small town and now know all the local police by name. They often tell me they still get calls for me growing weed. I believe I'm the only reefer in my small town, as no one else has had the local fuzz get called on them for growing weed.

Anyone in the "know" knows that grow lights are red, and reef tank lights are blue.

white-up-pointing-backhand-index_1f446.png

Found the houses to check

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess which apartment was mine back in college...

167D26E5-EC20-404F-8D56-E1719CE288B0.jpeg
This thread makes me remember wend I used to drive around to reefers houses to buy coral, the blue lights always made my life so easy to find the right house

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weed lights look more purple with hint of red tint. Some of my customers don't hide them well. To somebody who doesn't know blue could led them to believe pot. Either way we are reefing

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they’re referencing the “blue room”

I’ve had plenty of neighbors ask why we use such blue colored lights at night in the living room. You can certainly see the “blue” in the window located in the vaulted ceiling area of my living room.

EF143C76-1D3A-41B2-A3CD-6BF5B54648D3.jpeg

i once told a couple walking their dog past the house while i was out taking the trash to the street that the lights 'were the best for growing the methamphetamine'. I may have said it in a gruff scottish accent while wearing a ripped t-shirt covered in baby formula, and underpants, which i guess contribute to the authenticity. Oh yeah, should mention- this was in burbs Atlanta... gated community, so probably not my smartest comment. i had to do damage control of FB, on orders from the wife, lol

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We moved into our new house back in May. After a couple days all the neighbors had to come over and see what the "bright blue light" was in our living room. Caught one couple looking through our bay window to see what it was lol.
That is kind of creepy ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't crank my tank up with that much blue, just enough to make it pop but in the evening when the "sun sets" on my tank I go mostly blue for a few hours before it dims out. My tank can be seen from the front window and my neighbor's father in law talked for a while about when he kept a salt water tank while living in Florida and I have seen Amazon delivery people stop for a quick look as well.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back