Anything else beneficial I should add to refugium besides just chaeto and pods?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added a refugium light , chaeto and pods to my refugium. It’s not a large refugium. It’s the intank refugium sitting in the middle chamber of my Biocube. I’m curious if I should add a snail or anything else beneficial in there.

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a pod hotel… having fun trying to get it to sink . I also put sides on that fuge section as pulling either out seems to dump the contents of that section. Check my build thread for the sides and hotel.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a pod hotel… having fun trying to get it to sink . I also put sides on that fuge section as pulling either out seems to dump the contents of that section. Check my build thread for the sides and hotel.
Interesting you say that. I had a little project yesterday. I had placed rubble rock in my InTank refugium and as you said, if you pull out the InTank media basket, everything falls out. I bought some reef glue and glued all the rubble rock together and placed it in the InTank refugium. It’s perfect! Dumped some copepods back there! Now the challenge is asking them to spend a little bit more time in the back before they venture out into the fish filled tank area. Lol!!!

Upvote 0

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting you say that. I had a little project yesterday. I had placed rubble rock in my InTank refugium and as you said, if you pull out the InTank media basket, everything falls out. I bought some reef glue and glued all the rubble rock together and placed it in the InTank refugium. It’s perfect! Dumped some copepods back there! Now the challenge is asking them to spend a little bit more time in the back before they venture out into the fish filled tank area. Lol!!!
In my build thread I link to a DIY project for the hotel, then I documented building it. It is pretty cool. Corrugated plastic gives them tons of tunnels to breed and hang out in. Article said you could swish it in your DT if you wanted to “instant-feed.”

Upvote 0

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the original BioCube crappy insert, you could use the sides of that or get some plastic mesh from craft store (kids use it to make yarn projects… I cut it up for bottom of potted plants.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the original BioCube crappy insert, you could use the sides of that or get some plastic mesh from craft store (kids use it to make yarn projects… I cut it up for bottom of potted plants.
I believe I have the newest one. I bought mine this year…Biocube 32 LED. The LED is gone now, since I decided to do an AI Prime 16HD.

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back