Anything to be concerned about?

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some SPS that have done the slow STN. I chalked it up to a young tank (6 months old). Now, some of my LPS that I have had for months are starting to look rough (frogspawn and hammers are OK along with the blastos). I am currently fighting branching hydroids and have noticed they are growing in some blasto and candy cane skeletons. However, I had an acan that wasn't near this issue and it is receeding now. I dipped it this morning and this is what I found. I think it is just copepods, but I wanted to confirm.

Parameters are fine.
Sal 1.025
Phos .05
Nitrate 4
Alk 8.4 (dose daily so between 8.1 and 8.4)
Cal 480
Mag 1450

Picture_20214502094551.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes- these are black bugs that take down specifically SPS. You willing need to get either Dr. g on eBay or interceptor pills from a veterinarian for the battle

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. If I use the dip, will that be enough or do they live in the rocks and sand of the tank? I have a great copepod population and hate to lose it, but don't want to lose more corals either

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks. If I use the dip, will that be enough or do they live in the rocks and sand of the tank? I have a great copepod population and hate to lose it, but don't want to lose more corals either
Ideal would be is to treat the tank.
They are generally confined to the corals but it takes one stray bug or eggs and the chapter goes on

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back