Anyway to add an outlet/drain to the cup for the 9410?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm running the TUNZE 9410 (which I LOVE btw), and I recently picked up a skimmate locker to add to it...but then realized that the skimmer cup doesn't have a drain/outlet on it like many skimmer cups do. Is there some way to upgrade the cup to one that has a drain or add one to the cup itself? Thanks for any help with this! :)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible but difficult, we make a drain cup for 9012 and 9004, to get a professional look you need a bulkhead elbow which you can find online, they are pricey for a good one, usually about $15. The other critical thing is a plastic drill bit, the polycarbonate of that cup is thin and can be brittle, specialty plastic bits are very sharp and have a steeper angle to the bit. I would probably look for a 3/8" elbow and try to place it on the underside of the cup so it clears everything.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is possible but difficult, we make a drain cup for 9012 and 9004, to get a professional look you need a bulkhead elbow which you can find online, they are pricey for a good one, usually about $15. The other critical thing is a plastic drill bit, the polycarbonate of that cup is thin and can be brittle, specialty plastic bits are very sharp and have a steeper angle to the bit. I would probably look for a 3/8" elbow and try to place it on the underside of the cup so it clears everything.
Thanks, Roger! The quick reply is very much appreciated! I'll grab a plastic bit and work on it. Any recommendations on where I could source an elbow like that? I'm thinking maybe BRS or MD would carry them?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just google it, they are not that common but they do come up, if you used PE tubing John Guest and DM Fit make some but I would probably prefer to use silicon tubing for the flexibility.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back