Ap9x lighting schedule

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have an ap9x on my 20 gallon tank. I knows it a bit overkill haha. But will be buying another one so I can have two running when my 90 gallon is ready which will be in a few weeks. I am going for an sps dominated tank. I wanted to see what lighting schedule, and colors you guys are running. I feel like there is so many templates for radions for optimal Coral growth. So I wanted to see people’s ap9x settings for sps dominant tanks so I have a better idea on how to optimize to best settings. I want to incorporate my light schedule with ramping up the light for certain hours which I am confused about. Also I will also be running orphek light bars with my ap9x. I am just currently running 100% blues which I am pretty sure it’s not the idea setting. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an AP9x user but I am a 360X user and I have been told by Kessil that the colors are the same. In my set up I run a Kessil Halide Hybrid with the Halides on for only 4 hours for growth. I run a 14 hour cycle starting and ending with 0% color and intensity on all channels. I only add 2 more points at the start and end of the 4 hour peak. The the settings for these poitns are 100% power 30% color 5% green 10% red and 100% violet.

Keep in mind that part of the reason there is a lack of templates is Kessil Logic. You really can set the color % absolutely anywhere you want and have good growth. I like 30%. Remember green is basically wasted garbage spectrum for photosynthesis. so only add it if you like the look. Violet is active for photosynthesis which is why I run it at 100% red is active but my experience is that too much red leads to algae problems.

Hopefully this helps.

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have an ap9x on my 20 gallon tank. I knows it a bit overkill haha. But will be buying another one so I can have two running when my 90 gallon is ready which will be in a few weeks. I am going for an sps dominated tank. I wanted to see what lighting schedule, and colors you guys are running. I feel like there is so many templates for radions for optimal Coral growth. So I wanted to see people’s ap9x settings for sps dominant tanks so I have a better idea on how to optimize to best settings. I want to incorporate my light schedule with ramping up the light for certain hours which I am confused about. Also I will also be running orphek light bars with my ap9x. I am just currently running 100% blues which I am pretty sure it’s not the idea setting. Thanks in advance.

DM on IG if you have an account. I currently have this light :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back