Apastia?

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming this is apastia? KP aquatics rock and first I have seen.
C28C9DC6-A086-4142-BE31-D333E4FCAB97.jpeg
B7EF7C84-F35A-4265-BF7D-591F42EFC6F8.jpeg

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup you got a winner! If it’s just on this rock you can treat with aptasia Rx. If youre overran like me 2 peppermint shrimps will demolish everything.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand aptasia x still has the possibly to allow it to release spores for new babies to grow. What I've done in the past with success is to take a piece of live rock big enough to cover the aptasia then put a good amount of gel gorilla glue on the small rock and press it over it preventing it from releasing spores..

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand aptasia x still has the possibly to allow it to release spores for new babies to grow. What I've done in the past with success is to take a piece of live rock big enough to cover the aptasia then put a good amount of gel gorilla glue on the small rock and press it over it preventing it from releasing spores..
I just coated it with kalkwasser. If it lives I’ll pull the rock an coat it in epoxy or CA.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Aiptasia x 7 months ago on 1 Aiptasia and no sign ever since. if you have any epoxy you could stick in on there.
Aiptasia x:

I gave kalkwasser a try, I’ll be checking to see if it made it. From there I’ll pull the rock and glue over it if I see it again. My peppermint shrimp has been freeloading it appears.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back