Aperture Pet & Life is formed to join BRS, EcoTech, and Neptune Systems brands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most vendors on Amazon only use their platform to sell and deliver goods. Some get the sale and ship from their facility. Others pay Amazon to warehouse and ship their products for them. Bezos doesn't own everything that comes from Amazon. They provide a service to small business which of course they pay for. Rent a shop in your town or go global with Amazon? Which do you think is better? They both have associated costs. Businesses can sell lower because they eliminate overhead going online. The way I see it consolidation destroys small businesses. Take MAP pricing for example. Corporate is literally setting your profit margin for that item. Thus eliminating competition and bargaining power to close a sale. As more and more map items are added LFS will become extinct and the only option you have is..... What.... Having a storefront and just selling fish and say used equipment won't keep you in business. As a business owner I turn away work all the time because someone will say I got a quote for this and I'm wondering if you can beat it? I don't own a business to work for minimum wage. Nobody does. MAP essentially sets what that business owner makes. That takes away competition for corporate. Eventually if you want ecotech Neptune and others there will be only one place to get it.

Dont Get It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize it was somewhat off topic, but the article did mention it.

I haven’t been able to find any other announcement of this. I also tried syncing my AI devices to Mobius but it wasn’t working. There’s no notice of this update on the mobius app’s version history, either.

I saw somewhere online that you have to email AI telling them you want to add them to mobius and they “unlock” them or something and then you are able to.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they named their company hole? That's what an aperture is.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had to use a word thst starts with A so their company comes first alphabetically.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember that SA is still alive and well, I only purchase there now, you should too!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's understandable. More consolidation leads to fewer choices and more of a monopoly in the market. It's really akin to asking why the sky is blue? Because God ran out of lime green, of course.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why is it that hobbyist wish so much ill will or have so much hostility towards businesses.

This really needs to stop.

Everyone is about supporting the "little guy" until they aren't the "little guy" anymore and now they're the big bad business man here to steal their fish and BBQ their corals!

Truth is, you always have to switch where you shop with that mentality. If the SWA folks really want to shop with them, they should stop promoting them. Eventually SWA becomes bigger and now they're stuck looking for the next "little guy" to support.

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revisiting the topic. So what exactly does this mean?

Aperture, LLC. has relaunched those former companies into homogenous brands combining online retail, manufacturing, and distribution

Homogeneous, like, all under the same brand name? Bertram is now Aperture? Not sure why but I found this announcement confusing. And I haven't seen the name Aperture anywhere 'round these parts.

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bertram appears to “own” many different companies.

I probably have the terminology wrong, but they appear to be a venture capital type group that buys existing companies with a goal of improving or expanding business operations. Often includes other acquisitions of companies in comparable industries and consolidation. They can “exit” the investment through taking the combined entity (Aperture) public, refinancing, or selling it. This would only be one of multiple investments for Bertram. Doubt you will ever see the name Aperture on products.

Can be good for customers in theory, can be not so good in practice. Depends on management. Personally, I don’t think the Flying Fish Express, Dr Foster & Smith, Live Aquaria, Petco evolution worked out so great for the customers. As in most cases, it depends on how it is managed.

Fingers Crossed!

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bertram appears to “own” many different companies.

I probably have the terminology wrong, but they appear to be a venture capital type group that buys existing companies with a goal of improving or expanding business operations. Often includes other acquisitions of companies in comparable industries and consolidation. They can “exit” the investment through taking the combined entity (Aperture) public, refinancing, or selling it. This would only be one of multiple investments for Bertram. Doubt you will ever see the name Aperture on products.

Can be good for customers in theory, can be not so good in practice. Depends on management. Personally, I don’t think the Flying Fish Express, Dr Foster & Smith, Live Aquaria, Petco evolution worked out so great for the customers. As in most cases, it depends on how it is managed.

Fingers Crossed!
Yeah, I get what Bertram is and don't have a problem with it. But Aperture... is what? An umbrella organization sitting between Bertram and BRS, Eco-Tech, Neptune et al so the entire thing can be sold to another investor as a single entity?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aperture is the mother company to BRS, AI, Ecotech, Neptune, and Leap.

Yes, this is all setup to sell off in a few years to someone else for a nice profit. That writing is on the wall.

Back