Apex 2016 EB832 outlet 1 not working all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my skimmer set on outlet 1 and turn it on/off manually when I dose Reef Energy as to not over flow it. On my Classic I had no issues doing this but this new Apex seems to give problems. The only way I can get it to turn back on is to unplug the Apex and plug it back in, only then can I turn the skimmer back on. Any thoughts?

#apexusers @Terence

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say manually, r you going onto fusion and using the slider to turn relay 1 off?

@rkpetersen

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes using the slider for on/off. I did that for years with my Classic. I was also thinking that maybe the skimmer pump is not drawing enough current?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try a different component in that outlet to assure it is responding. Did temperature go up causing outlet to shut off completely ? (all you have to do is increase default temp)

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a different component in that outlet to assure it is responding. Did temperature go up causing outlet to shut off completely ? (all you have to do is increase default temp)

I’m not familiar with a temp setting on the outlets. I’m using the advanced setting for just on/off function. Where can I find it? I’ll have to check the outlet with another component when I get home from work tonight.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m not familiar with a temp setting on the outlets. I’m using the advanced setting for just on/off function. Where can I find it? I’ll have to check the outlet with another component when I get home from work tonight.
Each outlet you named will have that. On the outlet, click on the little star (settings). When you open page, you will see on lower right column, temp up/down). I have mine set to 83.5

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes using the slider for on/off. I did that for years with my Classic. I was also thinking that maybe the skimmer pump is not drawing enough current?
That’s also the way I turn my pumps and skimmer off when I do water changes, it sounds like it maybe a programming issue with the outlet.

@rkpetersen

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don’t see a temp option.

EBF67A81-2B79-456A-B2F8-2D83223728EE.png

F4B64923-595C-43EC-8FB5-8350747E7CBD.png

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no automatic control of any outlet based on temp. Temp control has to be programmed, if desired.
Your concern about the skimmer pump drawing enough current only applies to the EB8, not the EB832.
Right now, if your only code is Fallback OFF, turning the outlet OFF should turn it off, and ON should turn it on.
The middle AUTO setting will have no effect at all.
As mentioned, to test the outlet itself, temporarily plug something else into that outlet;
something simple like an electric light or fan. Doesn't have to be an aquarium device.
See if it goes on and off as you expect. If not, there's something wrong with the outlet.
If the other device does work, it suggests that there's something wrong with your skimmer pump.
You could also try plugging the skimmer into a different EB outlet and see if that works.

Also, from the Modules page, check that the EB832 is running current firmware. Should be software version 8.

All that said, I feel that maybe there's some piece of information missing here. Just not sure what.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may be the wifi on it. I tried it with a small fan and the same thing. Tried feed mode and the same thing. It seems to time out on the wifi. So I think I bumbled my way through my router and assigned a reserved ip address. Looking through the Neptune official forums and seems to be a common thing. Looks like I'll be getting another Ethernet cable, I'm not going to deal with the disconnects. I never had this problem with my Classic because it was always connected with an Ethernet cable.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Glad you found it

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try outlet 4 and 8. They have mechanical switches and not the current sensing one. Lot have the same issue with low power draw items.

This only applies to the older EB8, not the EB832 that comes with the 2016 Apex and Apex-EL.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That being the case, how I tricked mine was to plug 2 items into a small extension cord then into 1 outlet.

I had a small ref light and small pump that wouldn’t work right. After I did that it worked as it should.

If it’s a current draw issue. And that was on a eb832

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back