Apex 2016 programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep it short, basically I want my apex to send me a notification everyday at 1pm that includes ph, temp, orp, salinity and possibly upcoming events, any way to make this happen, any help is much appreciated.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. It doesn't do that. But it can notify you if anything is wrong :)

PaPaX6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to all this. Stibuilding my tank stand. I bought an Apex on Black Friday. Not to sound stupid but can you tell me what ORP is and what it is checking?
Thanks William

OP
OP
P

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know exactly what it measures , but it’s helpful for me because it tells you if something is wrong. When you do water changes it spikes,not enough to alert however. When my doser dosed 100x the alkalinity dosing amount a day in 4 minutes , my orp spiked so much it alerted me about the doser . Basically tells you if something is wrong .

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thinkthink is a way to set up an alarm like you are asking, however I don't know how to do it. (Saw Sanjay talk at RAP and he gets a similar alarm every morning). Maybe @Terence can chime in.

Hello I am new to all this. Stibuilding my tank stand. I bought an Apex on Black Friday. Not to sound stupid but can you tell me what ORP is and what it is checking?
Thanks William

On your ORP question, it is complicated to try to explain but it loosley deals with your tank and breaking down waste (really has to do with the tank's ability to gain/lose electrons via oxidation or reduction). Check out this article: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/index.php

PaPaX6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thinkthink is a way to set up an alarm like you are asking, however I don't know how to do it. (Saw Sanjay talk at RAP and he gets a similar alarm every morning). Maybe @Terence can chime in.

On your ORP question, it is complicated to try to explain but it loosley deals with your tank and breaking down waste (really has to do with the tank's ability to gain/lose electrons via oxidation or reduction). Check out this article: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/index.php
Thank you

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep it short, basically I want my apex to send me a notification everyday at 1pm that includes ph, temp, orp, salinity and possibly upcoming events, any way to make this happen, any help is much appreciated.
With Neptune hardware and software, the text notifications are limited to error conditions that you set up, and when those error conditions have cleared. The Amazon Alexa Apex Fusion skill can be configured to give you the status report you're looking for verbally, but this is currently on demand only, no timer functionality. Note that you don't need an actual Echo device to use this, you can do it from the free Alexa app. Of course you can just look at the status and do a lot more from the Apex Fusion app any time, as already mentioned. There is a way to access the output log data directly from the Apex, and someone really skilled at using database apps can and probably already has put together exactly what you're asking for, but I haven't seen the specifics and don't plan to attempt it myself.

Back