Apex 2016 with new UK version Energy Bar release date ?

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by SPR1968, Oct 14, 2017.

1. SPR1968

SPR1968 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

Hi Guys

As the question states I’m just waiting to buy the complete new system, but here in the UK is still sold with the old version.

My LFS’s are a little vague but indicating later this year, and funnily enough most including online, aren’t keeping any or many of the old ones in stock when they have sold out which indicates to me it’s on its way and they won’t want to get stuck with old stock.

I can’t bring myself to buy it and then a week/few months later the new ones out so it would be nice if someone from Neptune Systems would give me an answer rather than ‘we have no plans to release it at the moment’ which I got earlier this year and which makes me even more nervous!

If it’s a year away maybe I’ll buy it now but if not ill just wait. I really want to get the system installed but....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Tags:

2. easily_fishstracted

easily_fishstracted Member Build Thread Contributor

i really don't understand why someone from neptune can't give a response to this question...

3. Brett c

Brett c New Member

Anyone from Neptune care to give a update?

4. Brett c

Brett c New Member

Anyone from Neptune care to give a update?

5. Mortie31

Mortie31 Active Member UK Reef Club Member

By a GHL instead, they don’t restrict products to certain markets like apex do

JoshH and tastyfish like this.
  6. Clownfishy

Clownfishy Active Member UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

I checked with Neptune before I brought mine in the UK about 1 month ago. They confirmed they would not be working on this for several months and had no date. It really is pathetic but I decided to go with it mainly because of Fusion which is just awesome. GHL is a great but of kit and very nearly brought it but it let itself down on the software. I find the lack of power management on the Apex a joke and very frustrating but the rest is pretty dang good.

7. kodo28

kodo28 Active Member R2R Supporter

The lack of power management on the Apex a joke and very frustrating like you said.

But even more when we need to pay extra money in order to be able to use others options like the wav pumps for example.

When using the 832 energy bar, Wav pumps can be bought individually and directly connected to the EB832 without the need of the 1link module.

In Europe, each individual Wav pump cost 255€. As we are still with the old EB, we need to buy the Wav but as Starter Kit version which is provided with the 1link module.

The Wav starter kit cost 635€, so extra 120€ paid for 2 pumps.

Neptune could at least provide the 1link module or the Starter Kit at fair price for the non US users to compensate the missing DC24 and 1link plugs.

JoshH, tastyfish, Tobbe and 2 others like this.
  8. tastyfish

tastyfish Active Member UK Reef Club Member

It's extremely frustrating, but after a year of trying to convince Neptune that non US customers like us want the EB832, I've given up.

GHL have over taken them significantly with both current sensing and release of the KH Director. I would have upgraded long ago and been happily locked in to buying the Trident if the EB832 was released internationally.

Clownfishy and JoshH like this.
  9. Clownfishy

Clownfishy Active Member UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

I would have done the same but I don't have a PC and the software does not seem anywhere near as mature as Fusion is. Once they sort this out, I think I will regret buying the Apex as the lack of functionality for us non-US customers is a real joke. GHL is also much cheaper than the Apex in the UK. I have been looking to buy the Neptune FMM module and it would appear there is no UK external powersupply for this which maybe the last straw for me.

10. Mortie31

Mortie31 Active Member UK Reef Club Member

I think you will find theGHL software more than adequate, both GHL and APEX have quirks that once you get used to programming is easy, I really don’t get the comments about ghl being difficult, think it’s apex owners spreading crap... most settings are from drop down menus, it’s only the programmable logic that you need to think about, but you may not even need that...

11. tastyfish

tastyfish Active Member UK Reef Club Member

GHL cloud looks good, however having to use windows software sucks for some operations.

However they are moving everything to the cloud and from speaking with them, the KH Director and dosing pumps can be 100% cloud controlled.

Price wise, I think they're on par, unless you go down the dosing route, where they are significantly better value per dosing head or the KH Director.

With regards to programming, I have an earlier GHL and to be honest preferred the Apex programming, but it’s really just a case of getting used to it.

Both Apex and GHL are extremely powerful systems

kodo28 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted