APEX ALERTS - a way to route an alert to CALL YOU?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phone is on SILENT with all notifications muted while my wife and I are sleeping.

Inevitably...Seems like Home Depot and Walmart and the like, want to text you at 3:30AM to tell you they have a 10% OFF sale... WAKING EVERYONE UP

So texts and email notifications are silenced to block that nonsense during sleeping hours.

PROBLEM - if I get Apex alerts for something serious in the middle of the night, it's also muted completely sleeping thru the event.

QUESTION - is there a 3rd-party SERVICE out there that one can setup that if a Apex text/email comes thru IT CALLS YOUR PHONE with some kind of audible alert?

APEX ALERT >>>> texts or emails you and some 3rd-party service >>>> 3-party service automatically triggers a phone call to your phone knowing it came from Apex

Last edited:

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phone is on SILENT with all notifications muted while my wife and I are sleeping.

Inevitably...Seems like Home Depot and Walmart and the like, want to text you at 3:30AM to tell you they have a 10% OFF sale... WAKING EVERYONE UP

So texts and email notifications are silenced to block that nonsense during sleeping hours.

PROBLEM - if I get Apex alerts for something serious in the middle of the night, it's also muted completely sleeping thru the event.

QUESTION - is there a 3rd-party SERVICE out there that one can setup that if a Apex text/email comes thru IT CALLS YOUR PHONE with some kind of audible alert?

APEX ALERT >>>> texts or emails you and some 3rd-party service >>>> 3-party service automatically triggers a phone call to your phone knowing it came from Apex

If you have an iphone and you use a do not disturb setting you can allow notifications from this app to pass

Edit: Just noticed the call thing. I don't think apex allows that kind of access to third parties purely for liability's sake but I assume you can use a breakout box and create some type of auditory alert like a beep, radio, etc that would have a similar affect. Some people turn on radios etc. I've never been a fan

Last edited:

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree most phones will allow you to select an application that has permission to get through your silent mode

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old display system on my apex jr. has a fantastically loud audible alarm….. if you don’t mind waking the whole house I’m sure it will wake you up. It also has a really long cord so you can put it in a different room from your apex if you want.

Edit: I love asking someone to check my tank then turning the alarm on for a good scare
mr burns GIF

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone = Samsung S21+ with latest Android.

Apex alerts cone thru my Android Texting App.

I have no clue on how to tell my phone:

Text from Amazon at 3:30am? >>>BLOCK

Text from JoeBlowSpammer at 3:30am? >>>BLOCK

Text from Apex at 3:30am? >>>ALLOW & AUDIBLY BUZZ

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, here's a much easier way if you have Gmail.

STEP 1 - Setup Email Filter to Catch All Emails That Fit Criteria and Select "Create Filter"
cratefilter.png

STEP 2: Select Option that Says "Add Forwarding Address"
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.44.41 AM.png

STEP 3: Find your mobile service provider in the list below and enter your mobile (including area code) where it says "number" below

STEP 4: Select "Add Forwarding Address" and Enter Your mobile phone sms email address from Step 3
add-forwarding-address.png

STEP 5: Select Forward it To: and your phone sms email address from the dropdown. Then click "Create Filter"
activate-fwd.png

So whenever you get an email that matches the initial criteria you established, your mobile will get an SMS. And you can configure your mobile to make whatever noise you want it to if it gets a text from your sms email address. And that is how you can do it simply.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do this with macrodroid. I use a similar principle to remind me of calender events at work since I don't always feel it vibrate.

Set the app to turn on volume and play audible alert for X seconds every Y seconds based on the trigger criteria text message received containing "Apex Fusion Alarm"

Set another routine to stop ringing when you open your messages app.

Also make sure you use a VO or if Time statement to turn off low priority alarms (like rodi barrel needs filled, etc) during sleeping or work hours and let high priority stuff like a leak or extreme temperatures get through at any time. Don't want to have your phone ring every hour in the middle of the night because your RODI barrel needs to be filled.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back