Apex and Gen 5/Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PaulieReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if we there will be a way to get the gen 5 radions to apex? Or the newer ecotech power heads. I know previously there was the WXM but now that can’t be used. I also heard you can downgrade framework on some of the older ecotech equipment but not the newer.

I haven’t seen any articles on this but would really like to control my stuff through one app.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, EcoTech no longer collaborates with Neptune to establish compatibility with the Apex. The WXM was discontinued for this reason since all new EcoTech products won't work with it.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you take the chip out of the older MP pumps and install in the new ones if it would work.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MP’s-

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that Ecotech messed up by taking their new products and basing them on a Bluetooth platform in my opinion. If you are not 5 feet within your controllers you ain’t controlling nothing.
I returned back to Apex using the WXM box, and let me tell you the mission I went through. I tried downgrading the black Bluetooth chip and connecting to the WXM box , and nothing. I tried upgrading the chip again, and it didn’t let me .
I contacted Ecotech and when I mentioned Apex it was like they heard “devil” lol. They said they don’t know their platform and don’t work together on producing products.
Alone on my adventure I had my green Wi-Fi chips from the controller left over.
I removed the back cover, unplugged the black Bluetooth chip, did a hard reset without and chip, powered off controller ,and inserted the green chip.
I put it all back together and powered it on. Did the Mode,Set and after tapped Set and bingo.
controller flashed Blue and Yellow, so I went to the WXM and hit attach ,and boom, new plate showed up, paired and I’m back on Apex.

it’s incredible how unfriendly Ecotech was towards me when I spoke of leaving Mobius and going on Apex.
The Reeflink was unstable and unreliable, but if they fixed up the communication, I think it’s better than Bluetooth because at least you had the opportunity to see what is going on from around the world with an internet connection.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you can roll back newer vortech, but stuck with mobius for radion gen5.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I’ve been spending my spare time caring for other aspects of the tank. Fought dynos, quarantining yellow tangs and corals, growing pods and phyto.
I hope to find time to go back and reverse engineer the BT protocol because I really don’t like the Mobius app and would prefer to have it linked to my Apex.

OmarA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think they would find a solution. In the interest of sales at least. I’m rethinking my next commitment to lighting. They would be losing over 3k from me alone. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE their lights. But talk about not playing well with others in the sandbox! So disappointed.

Kye tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if we there will be a way to get the gen 5 radions to apex? Or the newer ecotech power heads. I know previously there was the WXM but now that can’t be used. I also heard you can downgrade framework on some of the older ecotech equipment but not the newer.

I haven’t seen any articles on this but would really like to control my stuff through one app.
Now you can they have come out with the new MXM Module. Now you can connect EcoTech and AI to your Apex. I dont know how it works but im going to get one to try out.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back