Apex: Anyway to monitor amp hours?

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I can look at the amps used per outlet, but is there a way to see what the amp hour usage is for the entire system at once? I'd like to be able to see how many amps my setup use a day.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know I can look at the amps used per outlet, but is there a way to see what the amp hour usage is for the entire system at once? I'd like to be able to see how many amps my setup use a day.

You can plug any powerstrip through KIll-A-Watt and monitor it that way.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amps, or Watts? Fusion has a built-in feature to show you your hourly or daily power consumption in Watts and kWH and even the amount of money it costs you based on your utility power rate.

Take a look at my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provided you're using an EB832.
Since the OP stated he already looks at the amps per outlet, I assumed the question was about the EB832.

My tutorial makes note of that requirement.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex shows the kWh for the whole system per 24 hour period, you can convert to kiloamp hours by dividing by the voltage (120 in the US). Then multiply kAh by 1000 to get just amp hours.

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amps, or Watts? Fusion has a built-in feature to show you your hourly or daily power consumption in Watts and kWH and even the amount of money it costs you based on your utility power rate.

Take a look at my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial:

Thanks, I was wanting amps. I already use the power monitoring features so I was hoping there was just and easy way to change that amps. BlennyTime gave me a method to do it below.

Provided you're using an EB832.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Apex shows the kWh for the whole system per 24 hour period, you can convert to kiloamp hours by dividing by the voltage (120 in the US). Then multiply kAh by 1000 to get just amp hours.

Thanks, math to the rescue!

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason for the question is I am thinking about setting up a solar/battery backup for the aquarium and needed to know how many amp hours my system uses. According to the the power monitoring, I use just over 8kWh per day. I bumped that up to 9kWh for a little more margin, and that equates to 75Ah a day. A couple of deep cycle marine batteries charged by a 100w solar panel could run the tank for a several days.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back