Apex Capacity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What is the maximum capacity of the new Apex in regards to total cable length as well as outlets, modules, etc? I've done some searching but everything I have found so far is for the older systems. Perhaps the new Apex still has the same capabilities but I was hoping it is a little more robust. I have quite a few devices currently with no issues. However, I still have many more to add. Here is what I have currently. Please let me know your thoughts:

• Apex head unit
  • (3) EB832 outlets
  • (2) EB8 outlets
  • (5) PM1 modules
  • (4) PM2 modules
  • (2) WXM modules
  • (4) DOS
  • (1) AFS
  • Approximately 180' power cable
Looking to add the following items:
  • (5) EB832 outlets
  • (4) DOS
  • (3) Royal Exclusive Red Dragon interface adapters
  • (2) ALD
  • (2) FMK
  • (7) I/O breakout boxes
  • (150') power cable

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine adding those. The apex can handle up to 256(I believe) different configurations and modules. And there shouldn't be any limitations as far as cable length

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine adding those. The apex can handle up to 256(I believe) different configurations and modules. And there shouldn't be any limitations as far as cable length

I believe you are correct. Apex likely uses a I2C communication protocol, limiting it to 256 I2C addresses. The only limitation on cable length I am aware of is the use of repeaters in long "USB" cables. This repeater messes up the communication protocol and can cause problems.

OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. My primary concern is the total cable length and voltage drop but hopefully I'm ok. My longest cable is 50'.

Back