Apex Classic Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scott11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex classic that worked without issue for many years. It was sitting dry for about 2 years and I am starting a new tank. For the first time I will be using a wireless adapter instead of hard wired.

I finally got it connected to the internet and fusion (network issues, not apex, I think), and for the most part it works- I can program and it follows the program, but the fusion dashboard does not update. For instance, if I use a slider to change a state from AUTO to OFF, the switch does turn off, but if I leave fusion when I come back to the fusion screen it shows the slider as AUTO and the state as ON, but the switch is still off. Also, it controls my kessil, but color and intensity, but the sliders on the dashboard are stuck 0% power and 11% color

Is this a hardware issue or a fusion issue? My temp probe is also reporting 20.6, so either it is bad, or its another issue with the brain. Also, my screen was not working correctly (huge lag, not displaying correctly), and died two days later.

Not sure if all this is tied to a failing brain, a network issue, or if the probe and screen just failed from non-use.

Any insight is welcome. Likely buying a new unit, but trying to figure out if I should sell this, try and fix it, or just trash it.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see the same issues if you browse to the local dashboard instead of Fusion? Http://apex.local

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the local dashboard look? Network issues definitely could mess with fusion

Chipp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try installing the latest firmware if you haven't already done that, and if you did try installing the firmware again.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%

Back