Apex Classic - Loosing Connection daily, wont reconnect

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, my apex classic is loosing connection almost daily, the kicker is I have to reboot the apex without the network cable connected for it to work. It seems that when it disconnects the apex is not running in the background as everything plugged in goes in to their respective fallback mode. This includes my heaters, and with a chill in the air, I want to make sure this issue doesn't cause a tank crash. Any ideas?

Notes:
Apex has current firmware (Re-installed to ensure it wasn't the issue)
Connection is hard wired to my network with a static IP
I do not believe apex software is working when it looses connection
Will not reboot with network cable connected

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "current firmware", what version are you running? Neptune released version 4.53_4D19 for the Apex Classic in August 2019 and it directly addressed the issue you're describing. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

Several people have reported they were on the "latest version", but they thought that was the case only because they received no notification that 4.53_4D19 was available.

OP
OP
F

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked and I'm on firmware 4.53-AB17. I'm an idiot and didn't realize that the app on my computer has to be re-installed with each firmware update. Thank you for your response.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all else fails, call Neptune and have them wipe your apex completely and reinstall the firmware. That’s what they did for mine, I was going crazy, then the guy told me that my apex was duplicating the outlets for some reason, causing all kinds of issues.

TylerR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try that if the firmware updated doesn't help. Thank you both.

I am seeing the same the past few days. Also using the classic, also out of date firmware. Let us know if it fixes your issues.

nrupaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too am facing the same issue. Apex classic drops connection. Hard wired Ethernet. Can ping the static IP successfully (0 loss). Can’t log into apex local either when it’s acting up.

OP
OP
F

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I updated to the current firmware, and so far I have not run into any issues.

I really wish that the local firmware software that I run on my mac would update itself with the most up to date release. It was not clear to me that you have to download a new firmware "App" each time you update. To me the app would always ping Neptune to get the current firmware.

Thank you everyone for helping me out!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back