• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex Classic (Orange label) w or w/o WXM orange label

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an Apex classic that came with a recent full tank purchase. I offered up several pieces of it for sale (figured more people would be interested in that) but now I'm going to sell it all as a lot... for what I think is a cheap price. Apex classic brain, EB8, Display, netgear wireless adapter & if needed a WXM module. (and 2 aquabus cables)

I am all about full disclosure. The previous owner had his entire set-up inside the cabinet under his tank, with his sump. Because of that, the salt water over the years has rusted the screw heads in the EB8 and caused some surface corrosion on some of the other parts of the Apex system. NONE of this affects the performance of the system. I've plugged in and tested everything on my other tank. I plugged the EB8 into my 2016 Apex and all the outlets turned on and odd, I plugged the display and or brain into all the aquabus ports an all worked, I've reset the brain back to factory specs, I've used the display and it functions perfectly, I plugged the netgear wireless adapter in and it found my wireless network (I did not hook it up as it's in my office), and I plugged in the WXM and it appears to be working perfectly.

Along these lines I'll list what I can see is wrong: 1 Display is used, it has minor scuffs but the screen is very clear. The wires on the display are very fragile as most know and there are a couple of small nicks (does not affect the display use). The EB8 like I said has surface corrosion or rust on the screw heads (see pic). The aquabus cables ahve some surface corrosion on them where the metal is exposed (again does not affect their use). The Apex brain also has some surface corrosion where the PH/ORP probes connect (I plugged an old PH probe into the ports and they both registered a change in the PH, so both appear to be working perfectly).

I've tried to test it all to make sure it works perfectly. If interested PM me and if you want more tests or pictures I'll gladly do what I can.

Everything $250 shipped with paypal fees (lower 48)or if you do not want the WXM $180.

IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2336.jpg IMG_2337.jpg IMG_2338.JPG IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2343.jpg IMG_2342.jpg IMG_2328.jpg

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have ph or temp probes? Can you take photos of the damage to the display wire?

OP
OP
B

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra temp probe I can throw in. And here is a pic of the wire (excuse my dirty desk). You can see 3 small areas where there is red wire exposed because the black casing has been nicked, stretched, scratched, etc. I have an old PH probe but honestly I have no idea if it works & have no way to ship it wet.

IMG_2344.jpg

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a good deal even without the wxm. OP, you can ship the probe with it doublebagged in tank water. Rubber band to seal around top of probe. That’s how I had mine shipped to me

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back