Apex control at WAY less cost. The Neptune ApexEL is here! | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

You've all seen it debut this past week, now let's open the hood and see what the ApexEL is all about.

(Spoiler alert: If you don't need Salinity/ORP monitoring and 0-10v control from the start but want everything else the full Apex has to offer, this ApexEL may be the one for you!)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A non-apex user here. With the 0-10v control, what you can do?

0-10volt control is primarily used for controlling variable speed powerheads and pumps or variable control lights. I'd say that most commonly reefers use the 0-10v control for Kessil A-series lights (not AP700); DC controlled pumps like Tunze or Maxpect Gyres; and DC return/skimmer pumps like the VarioS pumps or VarioS powered skimmers. Granted, there is quite a bit more compatible reef gear and other DIY uses for the 0-10v, but these are likely the most common. :)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
youtube is dropping the ball not notifying me when you guys upload a video. Great video btw

Ughh, so hard keeping up with that ever-evolving search engine. Have you clicked the "bell" icon after subscribing? That is supposed to fix it, but even on my personal YouTube account they still seem to drop the ball occasionally. :confused:

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughh, so hard keeping up with that ever-evolving search engine. Have you clicked the "bell" icon after subscribing? That is supposed to fix it, but even on my personal YouTube account they still seem to drop the ball occasionally. :confused:
oh never did the bell thanks. Clicked now

navathehutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh never did the bell thanks. Clicked now
Yeah sometimes that bell glitches and reverts back ! There is a wireless Eco tech module for the neptune but whats the difference between that and getting a reef link white module? Can you plug the eco techs into those 10v as well?

wwhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those guys st Neptune have a very sharp marketing team. Offer a stripped down version for a lower cost with ability to upgrade with modules at a later date. And the best feature of this new system is they took off the things that the majority of people don’t use or don’t trust. I also see their 10 volt modules sales increasing which would put you close to the classic price but you are still not getting ORP or salinity probes which the majority don’t use or trust. Sales go up along with margins and they don’t have to listen to people complain about half their probes. Pure genius.......people are worried about the JR being disconnected but I’m betting on the 2016 classic going away.

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those guys st Neptune have a very sharp marketing team. Offer a stripped down version for a lower cost with ability to upgrade with modules at a later date. And the best feature of this new system is they took off the things that the majority of people don’t use or don’t trust. I also see their 10 volt modules sales increasing which would put you close to the classic price but you are still not getting ORP or salinity probes which the majority don’t use or trust. Sales go up along with margins and they don’t have to listen to people complain about half their probes. Pure genius.......people are worried about the JR being disconnected but I’m betting on the 2016 classic going away.
Absolutely right. You hit the nail on the head. I think they should eliminate the apex classic or gold or lite or whatever they call it now. But they should price the apex junior at $155. People want tank automation but it's really expensive. All you need is the junior if you're just starting your tank.

GTAReefTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the salinity probe very helpful and reliable. I can do without the ORP and 0-10v.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sometimes that bell glitches and reverts back ! There is a wireless Eco tech module for the neptune but whats the difference between that and getting a reef link white module? Can you plug the eco techs into those 10v as well?

You can use the WXM module (which has a RF chip inside) to speak/control your Radions or VorTech pumps, but you are not able to control them via 0-10v control. The ReefLink is EcoTech's module with an RF chip that allows you mobile/internet control through EcoTech's very own control platform, EcoSmart Live. So basically, you can either choose control through the Apex or control through EcoSmart Live.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back