Apex cor 15 gains 10% flow speed after power off

xrouter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have seen this happen twice. Once after I had to reset the apex and once just now after a power trip:

1606999469804.png

Probably a 5-10% increase in flow the cor 15 can deliver. This seems to only happen after apex reset and not cor 15 power reset. At some point it will lose that extra power, probably after feed mode but unsure last time how I lost it, will monitor this time. But anyone got any idea what the heck is going on my settings are:

1606999665072.png

And the code I have is:

If FeedA 005 Then 1

OP
OP
xrouter

xrouter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to say that flow also is higher. I spotted this because my overflow kicked in straight away and that is tuned to cope with the 1500 lph so this is not that its reading wrong after reset, it is pushing more water.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is most likely due to the Fallback setting on your COR. When the Apex loses power or is on the process of rebooting, the COR loses communications with the Apex so it reverts to its Fallback setting. Fallback can be set to ON, OFF, or a percentage. If it’s set to Fallback ON, then the COR will run at 100% until it regains communications with the Apex.

Since your COR is already configured to run at 100%, I’m guessing that its IQ Level calibration is off, so while it says 100%, it’s actually running slower during routine operation but then runs at a true 100% during Fallback mode.

Try resetting the IQ Level, or change the Fallback setting to a lower percentage, such as Fallback 80. Then test by rebooting the Apex to see if the flow changes.

OP
OP
xrouter

xrouter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try resetting the IQ Level, or change the Fallback setting to a lower percentage, such as Fallback 80. Then test by rebooting the Apex to see if the flow changes.

I had a quick try resetting the IQ level, but now I feel like I'm doing it wrong as after IQ it sets Max Speed: 76%... but when I'm doing to setup the LED's show all lit and the second time I tried I pressed the right button a bunch more times to make sure it was as far as possible but still got 76%.

I reset Max speed to 100% and schedule 100% but now having done that flow is back down:

1607011065307.png

I'm pretty sure it user error when doing IQ calibration but I can't see what I'm doing wrong. The colors of the leds are as described in the instructions and I set the max to have all leds lit and min to be 0 with no leds lit.

OP
OP
xrouter

xrouter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its happened again. I reset the pump by doing software upgrade (even though it was at latest) then redoing IQ to get the higherflow rate and after toggling the Cor 15 off for 5 minutes to change socks and back on to auto again it lost the power.

1607287724932.png

I also though I would keep an eye on RPMS's this time

1607287884493.png

Normal RPM (of rather higher power lph) would be 2500. Also of note is that in other toggles of power from off / auto this didn't happen but on Saturday when I deep clean the sump and it is off for a longer period it did happen.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back