Apex data not being logged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, looks like I ran into my first issue(s) with the A3 pro kit which was purchased a couple months back. The logging for the probes/lls sensor all stopped logging info this past saturday (8th) all around 7:05pm(pst). Now it's just an empty orange box, the numbers beside it still fluctuate and appear to be reading correctly(other than ph reading really low) but no graph data being generated. I did the following

1. Disable/Enable inputs
2. Reconnected the probes/lls sensors again
3. Confirmed clock was set correctly in fusion

Did a hard reset (all my settings came back so I assume that was automatically backed up online in fusion) and now its having a wifi issue and dropping connection. I know wifi issues are pretty common with the apex but I never had an issue with it the past 8 weeks until I did the reset. I have it hard wired for now since the router is in the same room but after the tank is moved I will have to figure something out.

The data graphs not generating is my main concern, anybody else run into this problem before?

Was happy with it and the trident (other than the noise) up until now,

apex.jpg

Rigoberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing the same issue, along with soft restarts about once an hour. This started on November 20, 2022 for me. The unit was purchased new in July 2022.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open a ticket with Neptune, explain the issue with them and allow them the control to review your unit from thier end. They will take care of you. Unfortunately with more technology and control ability, you will end up getting dud units but they will make it right

OP
OP
lvzx14

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing the same issue, along with soft restarts about once an hour. This started on November 20, 2022 for me. The unit was purchased new in July 2022.
Sorry to hear that, on my base unit the cause of my issues were due to the onboard memory being faulty. I had to schedule an appointment with them but he was able to figure it out quickly and replaced it. Hopefully that's not the issue for you and its something they can clear up without having to replace hardware.

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This missing graph issue seems to be a bit of a problem - my graphs stopped working on the 17th of November, 2022.

Even more annoyingly, it's deleted all my historical graph data, no graphs are showing in any of my logs at all. The live readings seem to be working, my dosers are still keeping to the programs I set up for them.

I've had my Apex since 1st March 22 and have not experienced this issue before. I researched the problem, and it seems that the fault could have been caused when adjusting the time ( we recently switched to daylight savings hours). I've reset the time and the date and rebooted my apex and wifi router, but nothing's fixed it.

I sent a support ticket to Neptune, who checked my system remotely and told me everything was fine. To investigate the matter further, Neptune scheduled a telephone call with me on the 5th of December 2022, so they can get into the "back end" of the software.

I hope they resolve the fault...

1669541439183.png

1669541085077.png

Lisajaye2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the exact same issue since Daylight savings. Also, my trident has not been running tests. It is just displaying the last results from November 6th. I tried a manual test and of course Test A fail. I bet it is clogged again. ugh.

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update to my post above, Apex support telephoned me on 5th December and went into my Apex settings by sharing my computer connection remotely with them.

They couldn't fix the fault and have issued me with an RMA to get my APEX replaced.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same issue here but only with my 2 Dos pumps. Won't connect, won't log and between 2 they dose either head 1 or head 2 on each pump at the same time.

Gene80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update to my post above, Apex support telephoned me on 5th December and went into my Apex settings by sharing my computer connection remotely with them.

They couldn't fix the fault and have issued me with an RMA to get my APEX replaced.
For what it's worth, I've had the exact same issue. They determined they needed to RMA the unit, sent me a refurbished unit, and then had to completely reconfigure the setup from scratch via Team Viewer on my local laptop.

All was working well until we returned from New Year's vacation. Now same issue occurring again... Data isn't being recorded/no graphical data.

Guess I'll log another ticket and work with support. I'm starting to wonder if they've purchased a bad batch of memory cards.

arcangelreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having same issue right now. Apex suddenly stopped logging data. Now my DOS won’t accept programming, it’s defaulted to the generic new setup interval. And my trident won’t perform any tests.
this is the second head unit I’ve had already in less then a year. My first one totally bricked after 4 or 5 months. Now this.
started ticket with Neptune.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to bump the thread I just ran into the same issue on a three month old a2. These things unfortunately happen occasionally. Neptune is replacing mine under warranty and offered to help me transfer my program over remotely as I’m severely visually impaired now and I told them it took me three whole days to transfer my classic program to an a2 just so I could add a trident. Going back and forth copying and pasting isn’t something I can do anymore and I completely forgot about advanced programming tabs which was a major *** up on my part. I do have to say that my experiences with Neptune cs have always been great. I’m just glad that the system operates normally while this is going on. It would be devastating otherwise. Everything appears to be working except for my under cabinet lights. Normally they turn on when I open up my cabinets but not now. They do work if I switch the outlet on in fusion. I’ll take that little disruption any day over having life support shutting down.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I jinxed the *** out this with my last post! What I thought was normal operation was far from it. The basics, temp salinity, ph and reactor ph all normal. I’m blind as a bat now so I normally ask Alexa to ask apex fusion for a status report and she’ll tell me those. I was lucky that I actually logged into fusion and noticed that my dos awc listed zero ml total for the day. I rarely check fusion as it’s not very screen reader friendly and it’s easier to just ask Alexa. Since my basic stats were fine and my lights and pumps were on I thought all was good. Neptune cs wanted me to send them my receipt and snap a pic of the apex as well as save a config report. I’m glad they asked for a pic as I would have just let it go thinking it was all ok otherwise. My under cabinet lights are automated through the apex so when I opened a door to snap a pic I noticed the lights not coming on. Also, when I opened the config report to save it I noticed it had all my modules and stuff but absolutely zero programming data. This got me to check everything out. My heaters and chiller are locked in the auto state and off. I tried switching them on but it times out and switches back to auto after a few seconds without switching anything on. My co2 solenoid, lights, skimmer, pumps and ato are locked in the on state. My afs units and automated as well as manual feed cycles do not operate. My dos awc and nitrate phosphate are working normally. With that and looking at when the data stopped logging, it became apparent that my lights have been on 24/7 and my fish haven’t been fed since Sunday afternoon. The kicker is that with the memory failure, all the alarm notification programming was lost. If my temp dropped as the heater outlet was locked off, I would never had been notified. So, if you do run into the missing graph and log data you should check absolutely everything for proper operation. I emailed Neptune cs requesting that the heartbeat notification be tied to a memory failure by lack of data log or having the alarm notification programming blank. This could easily have been a total disaster. I’m just glad this was caught before any damage was done, but I shouldn’t have said that as I probably jinxed it again!

Gut Pile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unit number 3 fresh from apex for me to setup. The sd card swap seems to work but not knowing the root cause or what else could be jacked up from copying a corrupted sd card i figure i will set it up this weekend. If it fails - which at this point who knows? I will donate it’s corpse and my other apex gear to other more adventurous reefers and get a ghl or hydros.

tariqms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how was your experience with support guys ?
I have an A3, having same issue, got email for RMA, didn't hear back from them yet, not sure how its gonna go, I don't live in US but the unit was bought in black friday deal while I was in US last year.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how was your experience with support guys ?
I have an A3, having same issue, got email for RMA, didn't hear back from them yet, not sure how its gonna go, I don't live in US but the unit was bought in black friday deal while I was in US last year.
It was pre-BRS buyout but but i've had to send a DOS in for service and found the service experience to be fine.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back