Apex DOS metering lower than expected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I just bought a used DOS pump from a friend. After read through instructions to calibrate both pumps...both came out good 3 times...right on the scale.
When i go program to dose 40ml, it only dose 20ml, 1 time with 15ml.
I try too many times, no expectations meet. Also I noticed when it's on, the pump runs slower speed than when it was in calibration, probably haft of a speed.
What do I do wrong?
Need some guidance please.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS wizards are designed to DOS a certain amount over a set period(s) of time. The algorithms slice up the doses automatically for you. So when you say you programmed it for 40ml and it dispensed 15, that might likely have been just the first DOS for that time period. If you want additional help, you would need to post up a screenshot of your wizard page. You can also click the gear on the line and see how it is programmed to do the dosing.

OP
OP
Vpham

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS wizards are designed to DOS a certain amount over a set period(s) of time. The algorithms slice up the doses automatically for you. So when you say you programmed it for 40ml and it dispensed 15, that might likely have been just the first DOS for that time period. If you want additional help, you would need to post up a screenshot of your wizard page. You can also click the gear on the line and see how it is programmed to do the dosing.
I can use some help...also my first time to own apex, so complicated than I thought.
I ll get some pics later for u.

OP
OP
Vpham

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-09-09.png Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-12-55.png Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-12-35.png
R these u wanna see?

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, don't worry, using the DOS is super easy. You may be over thinking things.

First, figure out how much you want to dose for the pump. Then decide the timeframe you want that to happen. As an example, if I wanted to dose 100ml of Alk solution across the entire day, I would select the gear icon, select Modify Interval, and set up the information like I have here:

upload_2016-10-26_10-24-44.png

Once that is done, it will look like this.

upload_2016-10-26_10-25-50.png

Selecting now the gear icon again and then selecting Interval Summary will show you how the DOS is actually going to divide up the doses across the day that will evenly add that 100ml of Alk.

upload_2016-10-26_10-26-59.png

If you still are confused, please go to our web site and fill out a support request and we can help you more.

OP
OP
Vpham

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, don't worry, using the DOS is super easy. You may be over thinking things.

First, figure out how much you want to dose for the pump. Then decide the timeframe you want that to happen. As an example, if I wanted to dose 100ml of Alk solution across the entire day, I would select the gear icon, select Modify Interval, and set up the information like I have here:

upload_2016-10-26_10-24-44.png

Once that is done, it will look like this.

upload_2016-10-26_10-25-50.png

Selecting now the gear icon again and then selecting Interval Summary will show you how the DOS is actually going to divide up the doses across the day that will evenly add that 100ml of Alk.

upload_2016-10-26_10-26-59.png

If you still are confused, please go to our web site and fill out a support request and we can help you more.
Hahaha...I think I do over thinking.
That's make more sense now, I ll test again tonight and post up the outcomes.

OP
OP
Vpham

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run test my program 2 times today, in 1 hr time frame, both tests show exactly how much I set it to dispense.
Problem solved....I very appreciated u, Terence, to take times explain and walk me through...
Thank you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back