Apex EB832 - No power to outlets and red alert icon on dashboard

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've got this posted over on Neptune's forums as well, but thought maybe someone here would have some insight that could help out too.

I've browsed through many posts here on the forum and found some similar issues, but I've tried all the "fixes" that I've found and I'm still stuck.

Here's my symptoms:
  • After reboot (unplug and plug back in), sometimes 4 outlet lights come on and sometimes all 8 do
  • There's the red alert icon on the dashboard for the EB832
  • When I have something plugged into an outlet, that's set to "ON" (either automatically or manually), there's no power going to it (light,pump, etc. doesn't come on)
  • The dashboard tile for it reads zeros across the board

Here's what I've tried:
  • Factory default the whole Apex, no improvement (twice now)
  • Try to update the EB832, even though it shows an "OK" for the status of the firmware. When I do this through a direct connection to the local IP of the Apex, I get an error that it can't communicate with the module. When I try it from Fusion, it says it completed successfully (and the rapid flashing logo light happens....so I think it's actually trying to update).
  • Tried swapping out the aquabus cables and when that didn't help, tried different ports on both the Apex and the EB832, still no improvement

I'm running out of ideas and figured I'd see if any of you folks had some wise, sage advise.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, definitely get a ticket in to Neptune support, if you haven't already. If it's not the EB itself that is failing, it could be that one of the connected devices is failing and causing the EB to malfunction. If you haven't done this, try unplugging each device, one at a time, and see if the EB recovers. That includes anything plugged into a 1Link or 24V outlet as well.

OP
OP
Waboss

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yep, been emailing back and forth with Neptune support (was surprised they responded on the weekend). Tried all their troubleshooting and it looks like they want me to ship it in. :(

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back