Apex fees mode, gyre first then rest

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally setup a feed mode where my return pump, gyre, and skimmer all turned off. My return pump and gyre came back on and it was another 5 minutes before my skimmer came back on. I realized I would like my gyre to come on a little bit before before my Vectra so any food that has settled can get moved around and eaten before going into sock. Is it possible to make a feed mode where all 3 would turn off, then gyre comes on, vectra comes on, and then skimmer comes on? Appreciate any help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "If Feed" command has a timer that can be used to delay turning devices back on. For example:
  • If FeedA 000 Then OFF -- this will turn off the output for the duration of the FeedA timer.
  • If FeedA 002 Then OFF -- this will turn off the output for the duration of the FeedA timer, plus 2 minutes.
  • If FeedA 015 Then OFF -- this will turn off the output for the duration of the FeedA timer, plus 15 minutes.
If you just add 2 minutes to your Vectra's Feed command, but leave the gyre Feed command alone, that will force the Vectra to wait for 2 minutes longer to turn on after the gyre.

The actual Feed timers are defined under the Misc Setup screen:
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 11.43.44 AM.png

Read my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details and examples:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for the info, appreciate you guys taking the time to answer.

@SuncrestReef what schedule do you run on the ReeFi?
I'm currently running the new Neptune SKY lights on my tank as a member of their NSI test group. But you can see my previous ReeFi settings in this post:

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running the new Neptune SKY lights on my tank as a member of their NSI test group. But you can see my previous ReeFi settings in this post:
Was that a schedule you made or one that was premade?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back