Apex Fusion data on COR pumps weird after power blink

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two COR-20's running as return pumps. They work fine, but after some power blinks (<3 seconds of power loss), they come back up with incorrect wattage data. They would normally both run about 32-33 W with the same RPMs and Temp % as seen in image below. If I turn each pump off and then on the error will clear.

This is a minor bug, but one Apex and the community should be aware of. I do not believe the pumps are actually drawing such different current, it is a display error related to the power blink.
Untitled 1.jpg

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an answer but was curious, are these readings taken immediately after the pumps restart? Do these reading persist after Fusion takes it's next update readings (dependent on what the sampling rate is set at)?

OP
OP
Bruce60

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The readings persist until I either turn pumps off and back on or reboot the Apex. They also do not reset if I go into feed mode where the pumps are dialed down to 1% power...the W remain off, even in feed mode. Oddly enough, I am not sure that additional power blinks 'fix' the situation either. We just don't have enough for me to fully study.

I was not looking for an answer, except to hopefully get the attention of Neptune Systems, so they are aware of the bug and can put it on their roadmap for study and resolution.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The readings persist until I either turn pumps off and back on or reboot the Apex. They also do not reset if I go into feed mode where the pumps are dialed down to 1% power...the W remain off, even in feed mode. Oddly enough, I am not sure that additional power blinks 'fix' the situation either. We just don't have enough for me to fully study.

I was not looking for an answer, except to hopefully get the attention of Neptune Systems, so they are aware of the bug and can put it on their roadmap for study and resolution.
This exact same thing happens to me aswell. I am also running 2 pumps on same system. Once I power then down and restart pumps the watts correct them self.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me I noticed about the same time this started to happen so do my issue with the flow sensors for the same pumps. As you see on graph the spike up in flow is when my feeders go off and they should go down reading less flow because Cor go from 23% to 10 %. Around the same time I started getting the watts error also

Attachments

• 33A6D474-4EE3-4D21-B735-390AE8C31AFB.png
    33A6D474-4EE3-4D21-B735-390AE8C31AFB.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 29

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back