Apex Fusion having outage or is this Cloudflare?

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few days, I'm wondering if Neptune Systems is experiencing some sort or outage or what not. For the past few days, I would randomly find my Apex EL would become disconnected but only after attempting to access it.

The weird part is that its wired and its DNS here is split between Cloudflare and L3 Harris if I recall correctly. There's no changes that I have made at all and I have all the data logged in my SIEM. Even the Red Sea app still has communication and the link and data lights on the back on the network connection on the Apex EL are blinking. At some point today, it will resume itself and sometimes will do so after reconnecting it several times.

There's no DHCP or network conflicts... AP logs not relevant because its not wireless. Is anyone else experiencing these weird connectivity issues similar to this?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not very network savvy and much of what you said went over my head, but I’ve not had any issues with my apex or fusion.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apex has been acting funky since switching to AT&T... I believe my problem is with AT&T but I have to power cycle my apex to get it to reconnect. I didn't have to do this with Charter, annoying.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not very network savvy and much of what you said went over my head, but I’ve not had any issues with my apex or fusion.
  • I'm wired not wireless, so that is not part of my issue.
  • I'm using the same provider to resolve where on the internet apexfusion.com is that Neptune Systems is using to host their service
  • There are no local network conflicts
  • Other devices can reach their cloud services just fine
  • The problem is sporadic at best

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking a generic question if Apex / Fusion users are experiencing access issues? Unavailable? If so, then the short answer is not I. I'm in Northern California and have Comcast as my ISP. I use both phone app (iOS and Verizon) and Fusion and have not experienced any outages, access issues, etc. Web page is always up / displayed and anytime I've looked at it - it responded.

While not on purpose I've also accessed it on my VM that I use a VPN routing through Canada for work. Again no issues using that route.

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past when I had my Apex connected, I experienced similar disconnects when connected via Ethernet. Changing the DNS provider to Google in Fusion seemed to solve this for me at least.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having problems with mine, I did have an Apex classic suddenly start having these issues though. Random disconnect issues and slow response about a year or so ago, a few months later I started getting CRC errors on my Meraki switch for it's port. For a while going to a better shielded cat6 cable helped, but the network card continued to degrade until it basically wouldn't load the internal web pages even while directly connected, and it was very hit and miss with website reporting. I replaced it.

I'm using my local DNS in my case, my domain controllers, but they forward to Google and 1.1.1.1 for anything external.

Whiskey

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back