Apex Fusion wont connect through mobile device since the Fusion app update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how this can be called an "update" but I cant connect to apex fusion through a mobile device since the new fusion app update.

I see others having the same issue. some report issues with being unable to connect using thier password that contains special charachters but mine does not contain any. none the less I changed the username and password back to admin 1234 and still the same issue... Still several people on thier FB page having issues.

I have been left in the dark and looking to community members for a fix.

Anyone?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, please tell us which model of Apex are you using, and which firmware version? There was a known issue with the Apex Classic with outdated firmware after the update this week that causes connection problems, but Neptune applied a fix to Fusion to correct it a couple days ago.

Secondly, you said you changed the username & password back to Admin and 1234. That is the default login to the Local Apex dashboard, not your Apex Fusion account. These are two distinct sets of login credentials. I'll try to explain it:

Your Apex has a built-in web server that can be accessed from your local (home) network even without any Internet connection. It is typically accessed by browsing to http://apex.local,or if you have renamed your Apex hostname in the Network Setup screen, then accesses at http://NewHostName.local or you can access it directly by the Apex IP address: http://IPaddress. This is where the "admin" and "1234" login works. It gives you access to the local device settings, and the option to link it to the Fusion web service.

This is completely separate from your Apex Fusion login account, which is a cloud-hosted service on Neptune's web server over the Internet. You cannot use "admin" and 1234 for this account because every person in the world who owns an Apex needs to have a unique username, and it is tied to your email address. Mine for example is SuncrestReef. If you cannot remember your Apex Fusion username or password, browse to https://apexfusion.com/login and click the "Forgot Login" link to walk through the process to reset your password.

So let's start by figuring out which Apex model you have, if it's on the latest firmware (which corrects the issue introduced this week when they updated the Fusion site), and what your login credentials are.

OP
OP
W

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef thank you for responding so quickly and for the kind explination. You are correct about the default username and password not being a fusion thing. but I was able to change it to that and other more simple usernames and uninstalled and reinstalled the fusion app and still the same issues.

To answer your questions:
1. I can comfirm that I am running firmware 4.53_4D19 and is the latest firmware as listed on the neptune systems web site.

2. I can confirm that I am running fusion app version 1.2.5

3. I can confirm that I cant log in even going to apexfusion.com

4. I can confirm that I know my username and password and there are no special charachters contained within it.

5. I can confirm that I am using the apex classic.

please let me know what you make of this?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back