APEX GIVEAWAY: Got socks for Christmas so now I guess have to win it!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Apex Giveaway.jpg

Got socks for Christmas so now I guess have to win it!
Sponsored by NeptuneSystems.com and REEF2REEF.com

Poor reefer that had your hopes crushed on Christmas morning when you opened up your gifts from Santa only to find out that you got socks instead of the super cool, most awesome Neptune Apex Aquarium Controller! Neptune felt sorry for you so they are giving you a chance for redemption!

Untitled-6.jpg

How to Enter:

1. Subscribe to the Neptune Systems email list here. http://eepurl.com/cyMyG9

2. Check out all the details of the Apex controller here and then post back in this thread about what your favorite features are. https://www.neptunesystems.com/apex-2016/

BONUS ENTRY #1: Take a photo of any Neptune Systems product that you own and post it in a separate post within this thread.

BONUS ENTRY #2: Share the Facebook announcement about this contest on your Facebook page and then post back in here that you completed this entry. The announcement can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/REEF2REEF/posts/10154970053854806

Note: Please create a separate post for each entry.

Drawing:
On February 28th we will pick one winner by random draw from this thread pending verification of entry.

The Prize:
A Neptune Apex 2016 Valued at $8
00+ shipped to your door.

Our Apex System (brand new for 2016) has been touted by industry professionals as the best-value aquarium controller on the market today. This 2016 model of the Apex has Wi-Fi built-in, is easier to set up and use, includes temp, pH, ORP, and salinity monitoring with many new features. With the free Apex Fusion cloud service, you can check in on your aquarium from virtually anywhere in the world. It will even text you if there is a problem with your tank! The Apex is supported by a US-based support team and a large and active user base with tens of thousands of current users. If you haven’t done so already, please read our Why Apex? page to see why the Apex is so important for giving you the best chance of success and long-term health of your aquarium.

Untitled-5.jpg

ENTER THE APEX

• Prevents catastrophes by monitoring key parameters in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
  • Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
  • Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you can correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
  • Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup wizards and an easy to use app.
  • Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
  • Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.

WIRELESS INTERNET-READY!
For years we have advocated a wired network connection for your Apex due to its superior reliability – and we still do. However, for many people a wired connection is just not possible.

wifi_logo.png

MORE

NEW EASY SETUP
New set up wizards and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With this new Apex, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:

• Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
  • Plug in the probes and your equipment
  • Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
  • Run the new Configuration Wizards
  • Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programming!

IoTa-logo-250p.gif

IoTa – (Internet of Things, Aquarium)
The Apex is an IoTa platform built for reliability when things go wrong – not just a toy to play with everything is A-OK.
Every Apex has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control panel) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down! This is important, see why. . .

MORE

ENERGY BAR 832 – THE ULTIMATE POWER CONTROL HUB

This Energy Bar 832 was redesigned from the ground up. Not only does it have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports. Each individual outlet has power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet. Read on and watch the videos for more info.

POWER MONITORING
BUILT-IN 1LINK AND 24VDC PORTS
INDIVIDUAL OUTLET INDICATOR LED
ALARMS AND DECISIONS BASED ON POWER
ALL OUTLETS RELAY SWITCHED

13 Total power connections for your aquarium devices

8 120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles

3 1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.

2 Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.

NEW MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR BOTH APEX AND ENERGY BAR 832

Both the Apex and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting brack you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.

EB832_Mounting_Collage-400x400.gif

THESE PROBES INCLUDED WITH YOUR APEX SYSTEM TO MONITOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR AQUARIUM
Probes-included3-1024x687-300x196.gif

The Apex System includes probes for Temperature, pH, ORP, and Salinity. The pH and ORP probes are now double-junction as well so they hold calibration longer and have a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBLE JUNCTION AND SINGLE JUNCTION PROBES?
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations.

Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.

Thanks again to NeptuneSystems.com!

Last edited:

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like its complete monitoring capabilities and its graphing monitoring of tank parameters the most.

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go out of town a lot so it will be nice if something goes wrong with my system the apex will let me know then will be easier to walk my wife through it to fix the problem

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite feature is: Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed to the email list! I like how it has integrated Wifi and I can check in from anywhere.

Back