Apex greyed out in phone/tablet app

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have finished setting up my Apex on my new tank. I am able to perform changes when I am logging in my laptop, but when I move to the app on my phone-tablet all info is greyed out and cant do any changes. What am I missing?

ECB20211-FF2E-491C-9E9D-1792D9FE2BE2.jpeg

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the Fallback Option does for the Heater Output? Should I keep this On or Off? Also, would it be better to have it on Auto or On slider option?

Apex.png

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you live and if it's more likely to be cold fallback is what the outlet dose when it looses communication with the apex.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this thread since @jphilip813 tagged me.

1. The greyed-out sliders are just there to protect you from accidentally "butt-dialing" any changes on your Apex on any touch screen devices. They are called protection covers, and can be disabled individually by dragging them left on your touchscreen device, or turned off for all outputs at once by clicking the icon at the upper right of the screen. Once the protection cover is disabled, you can move the sliders from OFF to AUTO to ON and back. Trust me, you don't want to leave the protection covers off at all times because your phone in your pocket can cause a lot of damage if it accidentally moves a slider to the manual ON position instead of AUTO.
IMG_1266.jpg

2. Fallback instructs each output how to behave if the Apex gets disconnected from the module containing each output. For example, if you have a heater that does not have any built-in thermostat and your Apex is in charge of turning it on and off based on the Apex temperature probe, you would want Fallback set to OFF if the Apex is disconnected from the EnergyBar controlling the heater, otherwise it could cook your tank. But if the heater has its own built-in thermostat to turn it on and off based on the detected temperature, then Fallback should be set to ON so the heater can continue to regulate the temperature on its own without the Apex. Read this FAQ about Fallback: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?8510-All-About-FALLBACK

And be sure to read my whole series of Apex tutorials to get the most out of your system:

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, will make sure to watch the tutorials, as I still need to incorporate other equipment into the system
That’s what we’re here for Apex is a little intimidating at first but 2 months later I’m writing code (and I am NOT a tech person/I’m a moron) to control very specific aspects. Let us know if you need more help

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, you should have see me calibrating the probes, I kept delaying that as I felt I was going to mess it big time. Fortunately, with some videos and on screen directions was not that bad after I did it.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, you should have see me calibrating the probes, I kept delaying that as I felt I was going to mess it big time. Fortunately, with some videos and on screen directions was not that bad after I did it.
Just like anything new, just know you can’t screw it up beyond repair

Back