Apex jr screen flashing after power outage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Everytime my apex jr loses power from power outages the apex jr screen just keeps flashing on and off. I hooked it straight to my router and updated the firmware to the latest version but it is still happening. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

If i keep plugging and unplugging it from the aquabus port it will eventually come back on.

Thanks

Exodus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have you tied unplugging the display, then unplugging the Apex brain & EB8 then plugging them all back in? If that doesn't work I would then consider a reset of the device.

Exodus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is an apex jr. I will try resetting it this afternoon. Is there a factory reset button?
No there is not a particular button but here is a link on how to do it without the display here might want to look into the firmware section to ensure you get the correct one. Otherwise if you have access to the display its: "System->Init memory->All " Also Check on the http://apex in the browser to see if you can find that.

I have a Jr too and it seems the few times there has been a power fail there has been some issue with the Apex afterwards. If you havent already though before you begin, unplug the display then the Jr, plug the Jr. back in then the display, it could be as simple as that.

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. Had to have tech support go in and fix it remotely. Took them less then 30 minutes. Great customer support. They also did all firmware updates and cleaned up my settings. Vincent from APEX support is the man to talk with.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back