Apex Jr. + VDM + Kessil A80 + Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6040?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q1: I currently have Apex Jr + Tunze 6040 and Kessil A80 on order. Can I get better controlability by using VDM with either or both units? Is that even the right option?

Q2: Can I get better control of Tunze 6040 standalone or with VDM? What would I need to get this connected?

Q3: I have Kessil Tuna Blue A80 on order. Can I get better control with Kessil A80 standalone or with VDM? What would I need to get this connected?

Thank you for your help.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To control either the A80 or the 6040, you do need the VDM.

Without a VDM, you will only be able to control power (ON/OFF) to those devices.

To connect the A80, you need cable P/N KA360C1 - this is a Kessil product.
To connect the 6040, you need the Dual STream Cable, P/N SURFCAB2 - this is a Neptune product

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know where I can find good instructions on how to setup the Tunze 6040 with Apex Jr. I the VDM and Dual STream Cable and I am finding difficult time to setup a similar pulsing setup in Apex Jr. I like the pulsing of Tunze controller but it doesn't allow me know for sure what percentage of main power and pulsing power I am using. The nob is alright but I like to be able to set it to the lowest levels + add some variations of say like stopping pump and then resume pulsing mode. I like to set everything to the lowest level and be able t build from there as the corals grow and need for flow increases. Appreciate the help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back