Pêcheur

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have the ASUS Wi-Fi6 mesh router as well. I decided to try one last thing before ordering a node to plug it in to.
I separated my 2.4/5GHz networks and gave them different SSIDs. Seems to be working momentarily, whereas in the past I couldn’t even get it to connect any longer without a direct Ethernet line.
I’ll report back in a couple of days.

This did not help. It lost connection within an hour and never reconnected as of this morning.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Topreefer92

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I really think it is the firmware. I have been dealing with this since fusion came into existence. I too have an Apex EL and recently it is doing the same things as the rest of you. What changed? The firmware. I am just going to run cat6 cable through the house and to that. What is kinda interesting is wifi capability is a pretty standard feature now so I wonder what is the major issue?

tluther22

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread. I'm going through it right now and am SUPER frustrated. This helps a lot, just knowing others are dealing with it. I've dealt with the support desk, and they have been very nice, but haven't fixed anything.... I'm going with the Ethernet 6 cable and tapping out. Crazy. If I had other options I'd get my money back.

thanks again to everyone!!! Todd

CrunchyBananas

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've had 5 apex brains' wifi chips get screwy exactly like this due to power surges. Every single time the answer has been hard wire it. I've brought it up to them and was pretty much told that's not possible, but hardwire was the fix each time. I'm just putting this here in case future people have this issue: spend the money on an ethernet cord first before spending the money to send it back or time with various workarounds, it's fixed it every time I've had this issue.

AquaCave Logo Banner

hllb

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Pêcheur , reviving this thread as I had a break through on this earlier this week. I kept looking to resolve this as I hated having a mesh satellite in my tank stand. Hoping this works for you too. It has been 3 days of continuous wifi connection w/o a disconnect and I finally think I figured it out.

in short, the problem was that the Apex kept it's original IP address after reboot and router reboot. So after my router rebooted, another device took the same IP address as the apex while it was offline. So when I try to connect the apex to the network, it would for a while and then disconnect when the conflicting device connected with the same IP address ( was also on the same 2.4hz network). This is my theory and why I would get random disconnects happening ranging from hours to days.

The fix: Per Neptune's help desk, I downloaded the Apex browse utility program. See screen shot of it. This program is a lifesaver. What I was able to do is manually assign an IP address to the apex. I chose it to end in .99 as the other devices start at .01 and work up in number. previously it ended it .26 and was conflicting with another device with the same address.

Restarted the apex and confirmed with the router that it sees the apex on .99 - see screen shot.
After that, it has been working without a hiccup. On day 3 with solid connectivity and the best part, without having to use a satellite in the stand to run an ethernet cable to the apex.

hope this helps and works for you.
Has this solution continued working for you? Just in the last week or so I've been having issues (after almost a year with no unexplained disconnections). I just changed the IP address on mine as well, and hoping it corrects the problem.

Reefer825

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just updated my router to the newer wifi6 Orbi mesh system and my Apex has been getting kicked off every single since upgrading my router. I had to assign a static ip address to my Apex in order to fix this. I hope this may help others as well.

hllb

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just updated my router to the newer wifi6 Orbi mesh system and my Apex has been getting kicked off every single since upgrading my router. I had to assign a static ip address to my Apex in order to fix this. I hope this may help others as well.
Static IP didn’t work for me but reserving an IP did. I’ve only had one instance where is disconnected and didn’t reconnect on its own. And it only rarely disconnects which is likely due to my internet

Neptune

2022 Salt Poll

• Red Sea coral pro

Votes: 200 14.8%
  • Red Sea blue bucket

Votes: 160 11.8%
  • TMPR

Votes: 269 19.9%
  • TM Classic

Votes: 34 2.5%
  • Fritz

Votes: 122 9.0%