Apex Neptune

Eddieg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have just installed a 170 gallon tank with all necessary accessories.
i have been watch youtube and seen the apex neptune system for controlling everything. If i was to install this would all the other accessories i just bought work with this or do i need to buy apex neptune accessories.
i.e skimmer pumps lights wavemakers ato pumps.

thank you

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In short, yes you can run anything that’ll plug into an outlet on the apex energy bar which is a typical 110 ac outlet like on your wall. But you’ll have limited control like on/off. The longer answer, there are other companies that make their equipment “apex ready” (doesn’t have to be apex brand) which can run off a 0-10v range and plug into the apex through various ports or modules you can buy as extras (ie; WXM module for radions). This allows more control and features. For example; if you were to run a basic T5 light fixture off the apex you could control when it turns on and when it turns off by setting the timer to whichever outlet you plug into. Where if you bought an apex ready fixture (and necessary modules and/or cables) it would have a way to control dimming to simulate sunrise/sunset. There are better examples I’m sure. This is just the first to come to mind. I’m sure there’s someone else who can elaborate more in depth/accurately.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back