Apex Programming help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this should be easy for anyone who know programming, but Im struggling a bit with the programming for a pump on my homemade Kalkwasser reactor. The last thing I wana do is ruin my pump.

After I dose Kalkwasser (8x a day) I want the pump inside my reactor to run for 5 min to mix the water and then turn off until the next time the doser runs.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the current code that runs your doser (including its output name), and the name of the output for your reactor pump?

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have specific times in mind to do the 8 doses? if so you can just do something basic on the pump's outlet like

Set OFF
If Time 18:00 to 18:04 Then ON

just replace 18:00 & 18:04 with what time you want the pump to run (yes, that looks like 4 minutes but its actually 5)

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have specific times in mind to do the 8 doses? Are you dosing equal amounts each time?

Equal amounts. I just wana spread it out over the day. It could be 6 times 8 times or 12 times. 8 just seems like a good amount

Its not the dosing I should have problems with. Its running the pump in the reactor as soon as the doser kicks off and having it only run for a few minutes before it kicks off.

keephowlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOS can automagically dose whatever you want throughout the day, during specific time ranges, or completely manually (where you tell it exactly what to do and when). If you are doing it manually, you'll need to set your mixing pump to run based on what you've set your DOS to run, just a few minutes earlier. Code like what Phatduckk wrote will work for that. Same concept would work if you used an automatic fish feeder; you could have your system duck into Feed Mode (or a fake version of feed mode) a couple minutes before the food gets dumped in the tank to keep it from being pulled and skimmed right back out...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
On fusion once you identify unit as doser, you will have intervals.
I have mine set for 9a-12a-3p-6p

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back