Apex programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I had a real quick question. I just received my apex and I've already connected it to my Wi-Fi. Now time for programming. I have my head unit connected via aqua bus to the E8B, and via 24v plug to the wall. I have my E8B plugged into the battery back up.

So what I'm trying to do is if the power goes out I want to know. But I want my battery back up to kick in(which it will automatically) then when it turns on I want the power head to stay on and go down to 10% just so I can keep oxygen in the system.

Not sure how to program that. Any suggestions?

Also if y'all have Any other fancy codes I would be more then happy to know. So I can use those as Well. Thanks everyone

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I had a real quick question. I just received my apex and I've already connected it to my Wi-Fi. Now time for programming. I have my head unit connected via aqua bus to the E8B, and via 24v plug to the wall. I have my E8B plugged into the battery back up.

So what I'm trying to do is if the power goes out I want to know. But I want my battery back up to kick in(which it will automatically) then when it turns on I want the power head to stay on and go down to 10% just so I can keep oxygen in the system.

Not sure how to program that. Any suggestions?

Also if y'all have Any other fancy codes I would be more then happy to know. So I can use those as Well. Thanks everyone

Yes, its not too hard.

You want to connect the APEX power to the wall outlet, and power it via the usb port from an EB8 that has battery backup.

Then alarm program would be "If Power Apex OFF then on" :)

On anything you want to turn off during an outage, just put "If Power Apex OFF then OFF" :)

What powerhead are you using?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey guys I had a real quick question. I just received my apex and I've already connected it to my Wi-Fi. Now time for programming. I have my head unit connected via aqua bus to the E8B, and via 24v plug to the wall. ....

Unless something changed with new units I don't believe you were supposed to use 24V power source. I have a classic and it takes 12V. If yours is not a classic; do ignore my comment.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, its not too hard.

You want to connect the APEX power to the wall outlet, and power it via the usb port from an EB8 that has battery backup.

Then alarm program would be "If Power Apex OFF then on" :)

On anything you want to turn off during an outage, just put "If Power Apex OFF then OFF" :)

What powerhead are you using?
I'm using the neptune wav

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless something changed with new units I don't believe you were supposed to use 24V power source. I have a classic and it takes 12V. If yours is not a classic; do ignore my comment.
Your correct. It's 12v. Idk what I was thinking

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I assume make a profile for 10% and make something along the line of “if power Apex OFF then people X”
So I tried the power code you suggested, but it dosent seem to wanna work. And I also made a profile then wrote the code "If POWER APEX OFF THEN PF1" but it won't accept that

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back