Apex question -- When my stenner SWR is on how do I turn off my spectrapure Evaporated water unit off during that ?

fishdrummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only want to do this while the SWR is active but want the spectrapure on the rest of the time.

is there a way to program the APEX for this ?

The spectrapure is so fast and precise .. . despite the stenner pump replacing the SW ...the salinity level is slowly going down.

thanks

ps open to other ideas

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a dumb question, but what is a "SWR"?

Programming based on the Apex salinity probe is generally not recommended since the probe readings can easily be skewed by bubbles or electromagnetic interference from nearby cables. But if you want to try it, your syntax above is correct.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have a stenner pump hooked up to your eb8 and your spectrapure ATO? If I'm reding you right you want to turn the ATO off while the stenner does it's thing?

You can evaluate the condition of an outlet in your programming. Lets assume your SWR is your stenner pump called so on your EB8 in fusion. You then have anohter outlet with the spectrapure ATO plugged in, lets call that outlet ATO.

So in your ATO programming you would add this line:

If Output SWR = ON Then OFF

This tells the apex to turn the outlet the ATO is connected to OFF while the SWR outlet is ON.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back