Apex reporting return flow at 250gph with a Vectra S1 return pump

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it really depends on the price you pay for electricity there in CT. Here in California, the Abyzz pump could could save you an addition $50-75/month. so it would only tanke you 3 years to recover the costs.

Yeah, the Abyzz would get me right about the same net flow as my PW250 and I've done the math. At $0.085/kwh the answer is about a decade.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the Abyzz would get me right about the same net flow as my PW250 and I've done the math. At $0.085/kwh the answer is about a decade.
OK, now I HATE you!!! lol
We pay $0.18 - $o.54/kwh. The more you use the more you pay. It certainly makes sense for you to stick with the Panworld.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know. Buddy of mine lives in Huntington Beach and pays CRAZY rates. Although I usually refer to CT as a 3rd World state (worst electrical infrastructure in the 48), the rates are good.

U

User1

View Badges
OK, now I HATE you!!! lol
We pay $0.18 - $o.54/kwh. The more you use the more you pay. It certainly makes sense for you to stick with the Panworld.

Same has us loonies up North of you. We also pay crazy rates. Not sure if you use Solar or not but when we down sized recently I threw up a set of panels to help offset use. Panels are still not the most efficient yet in general vs. price but it does help. Maybe in another 5 years the panels will become more efficient and those of us in the sunny states can offset more. I think you guys down South have a bit more generation window than we do. But I've noticed it does help.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/4" barbed fitting is more like 1/2" internal diameter, I think it is .562? Use 1" Flexible PVC and PVC fittings.
Old thread, but Yup! Whish this talked about more. Even for 1" I make my own barbs with 1inch pipe. Gonna start using schedule 80 for more thickness.. since I'm sanding away thickness with a dremel for the barb grooves.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back