Apex successfully linked to fusion but still says that they're setting it up

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm probably going to be in this sub forum an annoying amount as I'm switching over to a more automated set up to prepare for the 180. As the title says, I downloaded apex fusion, linked the apex to my account and it says success. When I try to go the the dashboard I get a message that says, "We are trying to set up your Apex. Please wait until we are finished." It's been about 15-20 minutes now. Has anyone else run into this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but if you're still having this issue you should place a support ticket into Neptune just in case a day or two from now you don't have an answer and are still struggling.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but if you're still having this issue you should place a support ticket into Neptune just in case a day or two from now you don't have an answer and are still struggling.
I actually just closed the app and everything was good to go. I did that once and it didn't do anything but for some reason it worked the 2nd time. I am struggling a bit to calibrate the salinity probe but I think that's more just me being dumb. It's telling my it's at 32.6 which I know is wrong so I am going to redo that later.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just closed the app and everything was good to go. I did that once and it didn't do anything but for some reason it worked the 2nd time. I am struggling a bit to calibrate the salinity probe but I think that's more just me being dumb. It's telling my it's at 32.6 which I know is wrong so I am going to redo that later.
Don’t judge apex by the issues you are about to have with your salinity probe. IMO and many others it is junk way to finicky to actually use to control something because it is most the time reading wrong no matter what. Everything else apex makes is spot on

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t judge apex by the issues you are about to have with your salinity probe. IMO and many others it is junk way to finicky to actually use to control something because it is most the time reading wrong no matter what. Everything else apex makes is spot on
I'm not. I have a milwaukee refractometer that I love. I'm just going to ignore the apex salinity. I mainly bought it to use with a Trident and Dos. Also the PH probe which I hope I calibrated correctly. I should probably get a PH test kit just to compare and see if it's in the ballpark

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not. I have a milwaukee refractometer that I love. I'm just going to ignore the apex salinity. I mainly bought it to use with a Trident and Dos. Also the PH probe which I hope I calibrated correctly. I should probably get a PH test kit just to compare and see if it's in the ballpark
After the ph calibration with the reference solution I’m sure it is spot on. I still use a salinity probe but have given up on it to be properly calibrated. Now I just let it stay at what it’s at and just watch it for major swings and trends. Which could be helpful to diagnose things like a stuck ato. But even with that I have added high and low water level sensors for back up to my normal water level sensor

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the ph calibration with the reference solution I’m sure it is spot on. I still use a salinity probe but have given up on it to be properly calibrated. Now I just let it stay at what it’s at and just watch it for major swings and trends. Which could be helpful to diagnose things like a stuck ato. But even with that I have added high and low water level sensors for back up to my normal water level sensor
I love fusion. So much better than ecosmart live. I think I might get the SKY LEDs just because how much better fusion is. I will need lights for the 180 anyways and I hate programming new Radions. It is incredibly frustrating.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fusion. So much better than ecosmart live. I think I might get the SKY LEDs just because how much better fusion is. I will need lights for the 180 anyways and I hate programming new Radions. It is incredibly frustrating.
I have g5 x30 radions 4 of them and I will not replace them for many more years. But I do also run then with 4 bulb t5 hybrid setups

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have g5 x30 radions 4 of them and I will not replace them for many more years. But I do also run then with 4 bulb t5 hybrid setups
The lights are awesome I just hate ecosmart live. Pretty sure I made 2 threads on here out of frustration when setting them up lol. Had to set up 2 different tanks with them and the setup was terrible both times.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recalibrated mine, including some advanced troubleshooting through the Apex as it was returning an unusually high number. If you want any tips/tricks, fire me a PM. Btw, my salinity probe was within +/-0.0005 of a lab grade refractometer.

Back