Apex Trident Issues vs Hanna Checkers... Loosing faith.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trust my Trident over any test kit, my hands shake and i suck at perceiving color. Where is your sample tube for trident? where do you dose? what times are you dosing? Where does your ato top off at? You must consider all of these things when setting up a Trident. Throw your Hanna's in the trash.
My trident tube collection tube has as perfect a placement as possible.. 2¾" from bottom of sump, making up to 3" with flow, with it's own powerhead to ensure exact flow past it, and in the chamber Before dosing aka the most mixed & stable chamber. ( +dosing chamber is 10 gallon & has it's own 1000 GPU powerhead to drip into & no rush of freshwater as topoff is dripped at a rate matching evaporation.
My alk & cal is dosed alternating with 45 min spaces 24/7 with part C drip dosed for 5 min in the middle of every other one of those spaces.. to account for 2 part salinity creep.
(Only precip I get is when I reach in to fill cups under doser for general adjustments and realize I was pushing the Wrong Dos button!)
I collect adjustment doses that way so the amount is logged by apex.
Not to Toot my own Timer, but My process for hanna is stringent and exact, I can get back to identical readings on the calcium & now even the ominous nitrate. (Watched every hanna vid and podcast with hanna guests, which has actually been the most informative (shout out Reefdudes & Aaron's Aquarium!)
It's just a matter of test accuracy. I finally have my extra trident calibration fluid ...
...So now, A Turnt up, Testosterone Thronged, Thrilling and Tactical... Trident, Titration & tm_Hanna, Tussle of the Tests!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back