ApexEL : Worldwide Launch NOW - Unboxing & Installation VIDEO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
WOW !!!!! I was wondering when they would come up with a little brother to the Apex 2016. Like the Apex Jr. is the little brother to the Apex Classic.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
$500 is entry level and I still have to buy something else to control my lights?

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah seems kinda weird... Spend $500 to monitor your PH and temp? Spend several hundreds to add on to make it like the $800 version? I'll just hold off until i have the full $800 and buy the whole system. Seems silly to only buy the $500 one to track PH and temp.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah seems kinda weird... Spend $500 to monitor your PH and temp? Spend several hundreds to add on to make it like the $800 version? I'll just hold off until i have the full $800 and buy the whole system. Seems silly to only buy the $500 one to track PH and temp.
I agree, and is the EL wifi? I'd rather save up 300 more and get the full apex system if I have to spend another 500 dollars in extra equipment anyway.
Edit: I just saw the WIFI monitoring and control, I need to read more closely lol.

IntenseImage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree, and is the EL wifi? I'd rather save up 300 more and get the full apex system if I have to spend another 500 dollars in extra equipment anyway.
Edit: I just saw the WIFI monitoring and control, I need to read more closely lol.

For me this is perfect. I dont need to monitor ORP or Salinity and I already control my lights and pumps through EcoSmart Live (which other than setting their initial programming, I dont really need to do anything else).

This will allow me to control outlets, temp, monitor Ph, add in the DOS and later the Trident.

cypherljk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't forget the the 1Link is built into the EB832 so that is 1 less module that you have to buy now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back