API General Cure Question

Cadroved

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am treating my fish for velvet in a quarantine tank, it is day 4 and he is doing so much better. He even ate today. I'm trying to figure out how long till he is completely cured? He hasn't shown any signs or symptoms from it in the first place besides erotic swimming and not eating. His tank mate died due to velvet so that's why I started treating. In a separate tank, I am treating a new fish with API general cure just to be sure he's not bringing anything into the tank. He is on day 2 of treatment. I want to combine the tanks at some point but I don't want to bring velvet into that tank and give it to the other fish. On the other hand, I am planning on treating for velvet using ich x the blue one when they are in the tank together. So would combining them now be okay since I am going to treat anyways or wait until the other fish is done with treatment. Would it be beneficial since he will get another round of general cure?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It wasn’t clear to me, what are you using to treat for velvet?

Generally, a minimum of two weeks after the last symptom has gone, but I usually wait a full month. Even a month isn’t a 100% sure thing, some people would suggest waiting even longer.

Jay

OP
OP
C

Cadroved

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It wasn’t clear to me, what are you using to treat for velvet?

Generally, a minimum of two weeks after the last symptom has gone, but I usually wait a full month. Even a month isn’t a 100% sure thing, some people would suggest waiting even longer.

Jay
I'm using api general cure rn. He's doing so much better already but do you think it would be okay to combine the quarantine tanks and treat together with the other fish who is being treated also with API general cure. He doesn't have velvet tho. But I'm going to treat them both with ich x that cure velvet just to make sure its gone.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really would wait two weeks beyond the last symptoms abated before mixing the fish...you don’t want a relapse.
Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.3%
Back