App not in google play store

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason this isn't in the google play store?
I don't trust apps that can't take even the minimal effort to put themselves on the google store.

I'm extremely annoyed that I was even required to use an android/Iphone device.

Is there anyway to not use android?

If not how do I return this?

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have missed something?? But what are you even talking about here

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a regular app isn't in your app store it is either blocked in your region or incompatible with your device.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason this isn't in the google play store?
I don't trust apps that can't take even the minimal effort to put themselves on the google store.

I'm extremely annoyed that I was even required to use an android/Iphone device.

Is there anyway to not use android?

If not how do I return this?
It's a cost effective way to put the app out, otherwise Google and apple charge them for use of the platform. This increases the costs of the products for us as users.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, if you are using the ios, please enter the apple store and search for "noo-psyche". If you are using an Android os, please download the Android program in apk format directly from the website. The app is not embedded with any advertisements. There is no need to create an account to use the APP, which will not generate a lot of useless cache and occupy memory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
littlebeard

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a regular app isn't in your app store it is either blocked in your region or incompatible with your device.
The app doesn't exist in the google play store. It is not blocked, see the instructions on the noopsychereeflight site as it is a direct download.

It's a cost effective way to put the app out, otherwise Google and apple charge them for use of the platform. This increases the costs of the products for us as users.
Last time I published an app on the google play store it cost $25 for a developer account. Since they are not selling the app, google can not take a 30% cut of the free downloads. Has it changed?

I think this really comes down to an immature product. I now have tried 2 different android devices and the app is not working properly. I was able to connect to the device but the application screens are not working correctly and I can not adjust the lighting schedule.

Hi, if you are using the ios, please enter the apple store and search for "noo-psyche". If you are using an Android os, please download the Android program in apk format directly from the website. The app is not embedded with any advertisements. There is no need to create an account to use the APP, which will not generate a lot of useless cache and occupy memory.
Using android hence the title of the thread about it not being in the google play store. It's good that it doesn't have any advertisements and uses less memory, however it still doesn't work on 2 of my devices. Is there a low cost android device you suggest to use?

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's the first time we hear this problem. what's your android device pls? and any screenshot or video to show the issue?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app doesn't exist in the google play store. It is not blocked, see the instructions on the noopsychereeflight site as it is a direct download.

Last time I published an app on the google play store it cost $25 for a developer account. Since they are not selling the app, google can not take a 30% cut of the free downloads. Has it changed?

I think this really comes down to an immature product. I now have tried 2 different android devices and the app is not working properly. I was able to connect to the device but the application screens are not working correctly and I can not adjust the lighting schedule.

Using android hence the title of the thread about it not being in the google play store. It's good that it doesn't have any advertisements and uses less memory, however it still doesn't work on 2 of my devices. Is there a low cost android device you suggest to use?
Might be user error, haven't heard of this issue yet

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe your device is out of date and needs an update? Or maybe try good ol'faithful and do a hard restart your device

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the minimum version of android that is supported from this app?
Have you heard back from noopsyche? I am also curious (and worried) why they do not put their apps on google play. Downloading an app online is sketchy

OP
OP
littlebeard

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you heard back from noopsyche? I am also curious (and worried) why they do not put their apps on google play. Downloading an app online is sketchy
I never heard back other than try another device and send screenshots. They never gave me a return option. I finally decided to wipe my old android devices, disconnect them from my network and try those. Took 6 different android devices to find one that works.

Unfortunately being an older device the batteries died and it would probably cost more to replace the battery than find a new device. Problem is, I'm not sure which version of android works.

Honestly, installing an insecure app in my opinion is not worth the few hundred in savings vs a name brand light and I regret purchasing it. Furthermore the amount of time I spent trying to get an android device to work with it probably wasn't worth the opportunity cost vs buying a name brand device.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never heard back other than try another device and send screenshots. They never gave me a return option. I finally decided to wipe my old android devices, disconnect them from my network and try those. Took 6 different android devices to find one that works.

Unfortunately being an older device the batteries died and it would probably cost more to replace the battery than find a new device. Problem is, I'm not sure which version of android works.

Honestly, installing an insecure app in my opinion is not worth the few hundred in savings vs a name brand light and I regret purchasing it. Furthermore the amount of time I spent trying to get an android device to work with it probably wasn't worth the opportunity cost vs buying a name brand device.
installing this unsecured app shouldn't be an issue, it's just to control the lights. don't install it on a work phone and you'll be good. not all apps are on google play, especially decent ones lol

OP
OP
littlebeard

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
installing this unsecured app shouldn't be an issue, it's just to control the lights. don't install it on a work phone and you'll be good. not all apps are on google play, especially decent ones lol
If it's not secure enough for my work phone, then it's not secure enough for my personal phone.

OP
OP
littlebeard

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that makes no sense. sounds like you're just trying to be difficult for no reason
I would disagree with that. As I work in the software industry I work daily dealing with insecure software, threat mitigation, etc and I have a slightly different perspective.
As you can imagine our security team would not be very happy if I installed this application on a company phone. Quite frankly it's probably not even possible to do so.

As I use my personal phone for banking to trading stocks to paying taxes as such it has in many ways replaced traditional computers. I think in my mind if my multibillion dollar company employing some of the brightest minds in the industry likely wouldn't want this on the companies phones, why would I risk my financial safety to do so? Is it worth it to control some lights?

While I'm sure you've done your own risk assessment. My initial risk assessment is that I would not trust it on a shared device. I did this based on a scan via VirusTotal. While not flagged (likely due to low application useage) there are some values in the Mitre ATT&CK Tactics and Techniques that in my mind throw some caution flags, "Hey you, don't use your main personal phone for this."

This application probably isn't the next generation of DroidKungFu, but hey what do I know?

Maybe you can cure me of my ignorance and explain to me why you think it is secure?

Last edited:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would disagree with that. As I work in the software industry I work daily dealing with insecure software, threat mitigation, etc and I have a slightly different perspective.
As you can imagine our security team would not be very happy if I installed this application on a company phone. Quite frankly it's probably not even possible to do so.

As I use my personal phone for banking to trading stocks to paying taxes as such it has in many ways replaced traditional computers. I think in my mind if my multibillion dollar company employing some of the brightest minds in the industry likely wouldn't want this on the companies phones, why would I risk my financial safety to do so? Is it worth it to control some lights?

While I'm sure you've done your own risk assessment. My initial risk assessment is that I would not trust it on a shared device. I did this based on a scan via VirusTotal. While not flagged (likely due to low application useage) there are some values in the Mitre ATT&CK Tactics and Techniques that in my mind throw some caution flags, "Hey you, don't use your main personal phone for this."

This application probably isn't the next generation of DroidKungFu, but hey what do I know?

Maybe you can cure me of my ignorance and explain to me why you think it is secure?
I didn't say it was secure, nothing in this world is, not even your multi trillion dollar employer. your just being ridiculous. put the app on or don't, I really don't care.
If I bought the light, I would use it to use my light. otherwise find something with an external controller so noopsyche doesn't steal your secrets to making great chicken wings.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For Noo-Psyche app it only need to enable the GPS positioning permission, don't need to turn on other permissions. The required permissions are mandatory by the platform not us.
To clarify again, this APP can be is listed on the Apple Store, it is safe and unable to steal any information,it is safe as all of other APPs like some “a name brand light“ brand you said. As everyone knows no app is absolutely safe. Hackers will not waste time on an infrequently used app..
Iphone 4 ALSO can RUN this app. If you try 6 mobile phones, what is the difference between the final mobile phone and the other 5 mobile phones? I think it will be helpful as a example.

Last edited:

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Furthermore the amount of time I spent trying to get an android device to work with it probably wasn't worth the opportunity cost vs buying a name brand device.
Feel sorry for the time you spent.. If you encounter problems connecting, please contact customer service for guidance. Many people can connect even when using it for the first time with guidance

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say it was secure, nothing in this world is, not even your multi trillion dollar employer. your just being ridiculous. put the app on or don't, I really don't care.
If I bought the light, I would use it to use my light. otherwise find something with an external controller so noopsyche doesn't steal your secrets to making great chicken wings.
I don't understand why you are being sarcastic.
"If I bought the light, I would use it to use my light" sounds like you simply do not care about safety of installing an app that is not even on the play store.
There are many apps that steal your info without telling you. I recently got a notification from the university that well known app (you know what it is) is prohibited on all university devices.
For Noo-Psyche app it only need to enable the GPS positioning permission, don't need to turn on other permissions. The required permissions are mandatory by the platform not us.
To clarify again, this APP can be is listed on the Apple Store, it is safe and unable to steal any information,it is safe as all of other APPs like some “a name brand light“ brand you said. As everyone knows no app is absolutely safe. Hackers will not waste time on an infrequently used app..
Iphone 4 ALSO can RUN this app. If you try 6 mobile phones, what is the difference between the final mobile phone and the other 5 mobile phones? I think it will be helpful as a example.
Could you please explain why the app is on the apple store but not on google play?
Is there any way to control wifi version lights without downloading apps?
What is the oldest android version that can support the app?

Thank you for the update.

Back