Aptasia eating snail?! Stay tuned and find out if it’s possible.

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna get a lot of doubters on this one but I noticed my snail on top of a cluster of aptasia all day. I thought he might be stunned from being stung but nope I tried to move him and he had a strong grip on the rock. I’m rooting for him to be a aptasia eating snail. I took a picture and circled the snail but my camera stinks so tough to see. BTW yes I know the methods to get rid of aptasia already lol just thought this would be interesting for some.
0CA26BFC-F044-4EAE-AD9F-8CCA99E485B3.jpeg

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only two things I can make out in the picture. There appears to be a frag plug below your circle and maybe a euphyllia in the lower right corner. Everything else looks like a blue blob.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only two things I can make out in the picture. There appears to be a frag plug below your circle and maybe a euphyllia in the lower right corner. Everything else looks like a blue blob.
I know I don’t have a fancy camera like most people here lol

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But just for you I outlined the snail for you haha
554D6F4C-EAB7-477C-AEF2-DD440E824B42.jpeg

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it is more of a blue saturation issue. You need to turn the blues off and turn on the whites, otherwise without filters you will never get a good picture, regardless of how nice of a camera you use.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it is more of a blue saturation issue. You need to turn the blues off and turn on the whites, otherwise without filters you will never get a good picture, regardless of how nice of a camera you use.
Sorry I don’t mess with my light program it’s on a 24 hour program where it ramps up and down , just set it and forget it. You know what I can put my flashlight on the snail, brb

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures don't really show anything. In the last one you can see a snail and that's it. Is that an Astrea snail? Most likely the snail is in the area eating algae, which is irritating the aiptasia. Most likely he is not eating any of the aiptasia.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures don't really show anything. In the last one you can see a snail and that's it. Is that an Astrea snail? Most likely the snail is in the area eating algae, which is irritating the aiptasia. Most likely he is not eating any of the aiptasia.
Honestly I don’t know what kind on snail it is

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the snail came off the aptasia and surprisingly he cleaned up the area really nice the aptasia look happy in their clean environment.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back