OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow a lot of people say nudibranch let me try them as i do have lots of aiptasia :) nothing is working for me i did have a peppermint shirmp in there but he will never touch the aiptasia now he is on the sump ...

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are file fish ick magets just asking just incase i cant find any nudibranch

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve pulled the entire rock and never put it back in. I found 3 just the other day and pulled 2 rocks out. Nothing ever worked for me completely. My new system is

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make story short tank is getting a lot of aptasia I already used aptasia x and other methods like lime juice in needle and shoot them directly also boiling hot water but just keeps coming back they are all little have like 20 heads in my 50 gallon reef any other method u can use.
Maybe shrimps ??
Peppermint shrimp have worked wonders for me!

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Peppermint shrimps so many times and no luck. If you are trying nudibranches make sure you dont have any fish that will eat them like I do! Everytime I get aiptasia I wait until its filled with them. I get a cooperband butterfly, and He loves to eat them all. If you can get them to eat frozen its even better.

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my tank nearly taken over twice. Saved the first time by a raccoon butterfly, 2nd time by an emperor angelfish. Neither ate healthy coral I wanted to keep, although the emperor will pick at recovering or damaged coral that otherwise would heal.

aquariumreefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an INSANE infestation of some form of aiptasia. Tried berghias, twice, and they didn't work. Put a pair of peppermint shrimp in and they were all gone in two weeks.

Peppermint shrimp, copperband butterfly fish, file fish, berghia nudi, lemon choice, lasers, aiptasia x or just go in there with a small tweezers and water change after

IMG_4236.jpg

Stella1979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Berghias. I used aiptasia X for months and the infestation just got worse. There must have been 100+ in my 20g before I added 6 nudis and a coil of nudi eggs. I hardly ever saw the little predators but the aiptasia that had plagued us for so long were completely gone a month later.:)

RavenSF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp are practically guaranteed to get rid of aiptasia in my experience. I never saw mine eating corals, but make sure you get peppermint shrimp and not camel shrimp which look similar but I believe may eat corals if I remember correctly.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermints and a laser blaster. It's fun. And the peppermints can't help but devour the cooked apitasia meat. But buy a large clutch of shrimp to ensure you get a good number to compete for food. If you have Wrasses --- or large benghai cardinals, or dottybacks --- the smaller shrimp may fall to predation.

I use one off of eBay. Best $60 I've spent + free shipping. I also ordered an extra set of batteries and a charger for like $8. In my 70 gallon DT i dropped in 7 peppermints. 4 have survived and have been taking care of the apitasia.

Ken Cyrus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The file fish did it for me twice, I am not sure about the name of the file fish, check your local fish store... he may take a few days before he starts eating, also take him out when the aphasia is all gone.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get hold of nudi and my lfs don’t have any file fish becouse no one ever buys them
But they have lots of peppermint shrimp for 6$

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a laser and burned them to hell but you have to burn the central disk (mouth part) first then they can't release any spores. I then finished them off with Peppermint shrimps as the last one was growing out of some red organ pipe coral and I couldn't safely get at it to laser it I've never had a any since that was over 2 years ago now.

ledger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some aiptasia when my nano was just getting going, bought a peppermint and aiptasia X’d those that I could see. For a while I thought they kept coming back, as I kept seeing tiny what I assumed to be aiptasia, turns out they were baby feather dusters I had sprouting out of everywhere, so either the peppermint of aiptasia X did the job. The peppermint is a violent bully though, he must be fed first or he will rip the food off any coral etc you try to target feed.

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had run-ins with aptasia too. I tried aptasia x and it only killed the smaller aptasia. When I put a peppermint shrimp in the tank, the other aptasia were gone within a week. Once they are gone tho, the shrimp might start picking on soft and LPS corals. If this does happen tho, they are extremely easy to catch to remove from the tank. All you have to do is get a plastic water bottle, cut the top section off and turn that part inside the water bottle. Then bait the bottle and put it in the tank. The shrimp will probably find the food within a few minutes and then you can just pull the bottle out.

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lately been using the laser to kill them, since I try RedSea and other brands to kill them found the laser more effective but the battery needs to be fully charged otherwise you’re only getting them upset and the reproduce faster, I personally target them with the RedSea and the laser answer so far is under control, can’t put the shrimp since I have a harlequin tusk that love shrimps

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had an infestation but I've had a few here or there. Kalk paste has always killed em gone. Never seen one come back after treatment.

Back