Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have aiptasia and get peppermints just make sure you spot feed them so they don't steal food from your corals mouth and cause major damage. IMO not worth having if you don't have any aiptasia in your tank they almost always bother corals. Epically LPS. don't want to scare you just keep a good eye on them epically when it's lights out.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have aiptasia and get peppermints just make sure you spot feed them so they don't steal food from your corals mouth and cause major damage. IMO not worth having if you don't have any aiptasia in your tank they almost always bother corals. Epically LPS. don't want to scare you just keep a good eye on them epically when it's lights out.
I fully admit to already being a bit of an over feeder. I'll watch them and pull them if I think they are an issue. Although it looks like Gurgle the royal gramma has already decided they don't belong in her tank, so we'll see.

robertpdx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I have a royal gramma named Fun Dip. It definitely takes the alpha role near feeding time.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rather have Aiptasia then peppermint shrimp

Those are definitely brittle stars.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back