Aptasia problem… nudis with a six line?-peppermint-filefish

JOE CERILLO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Long time no see

so I have a pretty big aptasia problem

I currently have a six line wrasse, I have been doing aptasia x, but they seem to spread to other places after. I’m guessing when they stress during, they’re releasing their babies.

I really want to get 5 or 6 (medium size is all I can find) nudis but I’m worried the wrasse will just have the most expensive meal of its life.

I also see filefish and peppermints are hit and miss… I also saw to look specifically for “Lysmata wurdemanni” as they have a higher chance to eat aptasia.

should I try to put the six line in a QT box in the tank?

will I be ok if I just introduce the nudis at night when the wrasse is sleeping with the lights off?

thanks for the advice everyone!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Long time no see

so I have a pretty big aptasia problem

I currently have a six line wrasse, I have been doing aptasia x, but they seem to spread to other places after. I’m guessing when they stress during, they’re releasing their babies.

I really want to get 5 or 6 (medium size is all I can find) nudis but I’m worried the wrasse will just have the most expensive meal of its life.

I also see filefish and peppermints are hit and miss… I also saw to look specifically for “Lysmata wurdemanni” as they have a higher chance to eat aptasia.

should I try to put the six line in a QT box in the tank?

will I be ok if I just introduce the nudis at night when the wrasse is sleeping with the lights off?

thanks for the advice everyone!

Get some halymenia macroalgae and put it in your tank. When it's been colonized by aiptasia (this won't take long), add it to a jar with an airstone, and add the nudibranchs to that. They'll soon begin to lay eggs and breed. You'll then have a steady stock of young nudis to add to your tank even if some are eaten by the wrasse.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank and I had a decent issue with aptasia. I ordered 10 peppermint shrimp from WWC (world wide corals) and they took care of the problem within 3 weeks! I did have to spread the shrimp out to other tanks so they wouldn’t complete with corals for food but worked like a charm for me

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the problem of them spreading is from the aiptasia X. Atasia X does not create a coding that is thick enough over the top of them and as soon as you squirt them with it that's what they do they expel all their babies. I would recommend you trying Franks atasia f. But do not get this product on your corals. It creates a shell over the top of the aftasia completely covering it and not letting it release any of the babies back into the water

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank and I had a decent issue with aptasia. I ordered 10 peppermint shrimp from WWC (world wide corals) and they took care of the problem within 3 weeks! I did have to spread the shrimp out to other tanks so they wouldn’t complete with corals for food but worked like a charm for me
I added 2x peppermints from KP Aquatics to my 75 gal when I saw my first aiptasia. Haven’t seen any since.

edit: maybe the same issue with expensive snacks for your six line, tho.

OP
OP
J

JOE CERILLO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone told me this and I have yet to verify it’s truthfulness… but they said to put some hydrogen peroxide in . Cover the tank for three days in a blanket and it will starve them out and clean the tank?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back