Aptasia?

chefunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Aptasia? I only see one......moved from the far side of those Zoas to near side over night. kill it with fire? Lol, jk, get some aphasia x?

IMG_3639.JPG

jonneyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helpful AND informative. Thanks!
Sorry I was on my phone and something went haywire and I didn't get to finish, do whatever it takes to get it out, F-Aptasia(have some but haven't used), peppermint shrimp(worked well for me), aphasia x(never used), kalk paste(have used, hit or miss), I would take that plug out and chip off where the aptasia is and get rid of it.

A/c mech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no luck with “chemical warfare” on these suckers! If you only have one or two you might have better luck. I used Aiptasia X and superglue. No luck. They spawn like crazy and I now have probably 50+. I’m going the Berghia Nudibranch route!!!
Good luck!
I have these and now Asterina Starfish to deal with!
The joys (and pains) of our saltwater hobby!

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no luck with “chemical warfare” on these suckers! If you only have one or two you might have better luck. I used Aiptasia X and superglue. No luck. They spawn like crazy and I now have probably 50+. I’m going the Berghia Nudibranch route!!!
Good luck!
I have these and now Asterina Starfish to deal with!
The joys (and pains) of our saltwater hobby!
Have you tried my product???

A/c mech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried my product???

I haven’t.... Is it any different than Aiptasia X?
My problem was, apparently I didn’t kill them all the way and from what I’ve researched, is that if you don’t get them completely they go into a defensive mode and spawn throughout the tank. I went from trying to get rid of maybe 5-10 of them to now having over 50-60 of them.
They are now down in my sump and to be honest, I’m done trying. I’m looking to do it the natural way with Nudibranchs....
Now to figure out what to do with my Asterina starfish problem!
Thanks tho...,

Dingo1690

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
killed 4 so far in my nano with aiptasia-x!! highly recommend...hit them all at once and ensure that you do not disturb the little pest before you inject so it eats all the lovely poison!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven’t.... Is it any different than Aiptasia X?
My problem was, apparently I didn’t kill them all the way and from what I’ve researched, is that if you don’t get them completely they go into a defensive mode and spawn throughout the tank. I went from trying to get rid of maybe 5-10 of them to now having over 50-60 of them.
They are now down in my sump and to be honest, I’m done trying. I’m looking to do it the natural way with Nudibranchs....
Now to figure out what to do with my Asterina starfish problem!
Thanks tho...,

I have had similar experiences in the past with attempting to kill aiptasia, but instead only annoying them and having them multiple after a range of treatments. I encourage you to read through the following to threads to hear about the comparison between F-Aptasia and any other approach:
F-Aiptasia
F-aiptasia rocks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back